Greatest triology ever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which is the greatest triology ever made?

• Lord of the Rings

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Matrix

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

allergic2morons

An Atopic Burbie
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which trilogy would u rate as u r all time favorite?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't seen a single one of these movies.... :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
hopeful05 said:

its okay, i've only watched matrix I. oh well.

STAR WARS!...with Lord of the Rings as a close second :D

Lord of the rings was a disappointment to me. I read the books and it was such a disgrace watching the movies. Too many scenes were cut out. Starwars the original trilogy was the best of all time. Maybe tied with Indiana jones(although there are rumors of a 4the one coming out). Matrix 1 was a good movie, the rest of the two was horrible. Nice graphics but that was about it. The new star wars was very disappointing. episode 1,2,3 were all too corny, and needed better actors. The dialogue was just pathetic. Seeing anakin raise from a little boy with phenomenal talent to a horny guy who wanted to bang queen amadala. "don't look at me that way, it makes me uncomfortable" anaikan replies "how do you want me to look at you"...something along those lines. but the 3rd episode was the best of the 3 new movies in star wars by far.

there are 2 trilogies for star wars, which one are you talking about?

jtank said:
there are 2 trilogies for star wars, which one are you talking about?

offcourse the recent one!!!!!!

saffronrain said:
its okay, i've only watched matrix I. oh well.
Don't watch the rest of the matrix trilogy, you'll be disappointed. They totally ruined it, IMHO. I still like Matrix I though.

I'm not a star wars fan, so I can't vote for it. And LOTR was good but too longgg. I thought the Matrix trilogy sucked. There should be more choices :smuggrin: :p

hopeful05 said:
:scared: What kind of movies do u watch then? :confused: r u into chick filcks??? My gf is very much into it. I exactly dont remember the title of this chick flick i saw with her .....i think it was called - someone jones's diaries. It was such a drag that i dozed off. Later on she confessed to me that it was her style of getting equal with me for making her watch whole matrix series with me. :oops:

data said:
Lord of the rings was a disappointment to me. I read the books and it was such a disgrace watching the movies. Too many scenes were cut out.
I agree.
Maybe tied with Indiana jones(although there are rumors of a 4the one coming out).
:thumbup: i should have made it a fourth option.

but the 3rd episode was the best of the 3 new movies in star wars by far.
:thumbup:

allergic2morons said:
:scared: What kind of movies do u watch then? :confused: r u into chick filcks??? My gf is very much into it. I exactly dont remember the title of this chick flick i saw with her .....i think it was called - someone jones's diaries. It was such a drag that i dozed off. Later on she confessed to me that it was her style of getting equal with me for making her watch whole matrix series with me. :oops:
Bridget Jone's Diary, and another one in the same series was made.

gujuDoc said:
I think the original star wars was a good trilogy, and what they are doing currently is stupid. It makes something more intriguing when you are wondering what the author had as his/her original intent in the beginning of the times. By trying to put a storyline, it ruins this intriguing factor.

Lord of the Rings, the books are real powerful as so is the prequel The Hobbitt. The thing I like with TLOR, is that it has some powerful literary messages and themes that can be looked at from an academic stand point as well as an entertaining value for the pure pleasure of reading.
Which is why it is read throughout highschool in canada, give or take some schools. I loved all the riddles they were so intense I could only figure out about 40% of them. some where impossible.
With regards to the star wars. The storyline was already there when the original trilogy was filmed.

i am going with gujudoc....LOTR had incredible special effects, screenplays, costume/art etc

i havent read the book....but i guess i must do that since i have too much time on my hands