Groundbreaking Alzheimer's Research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ratched

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'm actually a current psych resident enjoying a quiet call for the moment.

A youngish family member of mine was diagnosed with AD a few years ago and is showing quite rapid cognitive decline. She's already on AChE-inh therapy. Does anyone know of any promising clinical trials going on at any of the Northeastern academic hospitals (or Eastern Canada, for that matter)? We're starting to explore the experimental therapies at this point....

Thanks for any responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone - I'm actually a current psych resident enjoying a quiet call for the moment.

A youngish family member of mine was diagnosed with AD a few years ago and is showing quite rapid cognitive decline. She's already on AChE-inh therapy. Does anyone know of any promising clinical trials going on at any of the Northeastern academic hospitals (or Eastern Canada, for that matter)? We're starting to explore the experimental therapies at this point....

Thanks for any responses.

Boston University has all the new drug trials in the eastern side. They are the only place which I know who are doing all the five (phase 3) medication trials for AD currently. www.bualzresearch.org

Check Alzheimer Disease Center at UT Southwestern Medical Center (www.utsouthwestern.edu). They are working on AD vaccine and new treatments.
Good luck