GS vs TBR practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrMike89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I was going to buy one set of mcat practice tests, GS or TBR, which one better
represents the current MCAT?

Let me know, THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

If I was going to buy one set of mcat practice tests, GS or TBR, which one better
represents the current MCAT?

Let me know, THANKS!

This same issue was discussed on another thread just a few days ago.

The general feeling here at SDN based on experience from majority of the folks is:

1. Use AAMC 3-11 (If you have already done, move on to 2 or 3).

2. BR 1-7 (My son who will be in 3/24 test bought 1-5 and is using it. He said it is similar to AAMC).

3. GS 1-10 (discount for SDN member $80). That is $8 per practice test. DS revised the package just late fall 2011. For the price, it can't go wrong. We have not used GS before. But from what I heard, it is not bad. If your time allows, the answer, in my 2 cents opinion, is take BR and GS both.;)

P.S. 2 or 3 option is based on your question. Of course there are members prefer TPR or even Kaplan.

TBR has better verbal passages than the GS. This is the GS major weakness...even with their "updated" and new passages. It appears the same guy, probably Dr. Brett Ferdinand himself, wrote the exams. They aren't awful, just not that good. My two cents anyway...they aren't going to hurt though.