H1b visa premium processing is suspended

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know how realistic it is. I agree it's a huge potential problem. I don't know if the exception you've mentioned will "work". My point was simply that the ECFMG is very aware of the problem, and they are trying to do something about it. Not sure what, nor whether they will be successful.

Per joint ECFMG and NRMP email, they are aware of the new executive order ban of six countries and have been working on it, but H1b premium processing suspension hasn't been mentioned. The executive order ban and premium suspension are two different issues.

Of course, it's unknown if it will be successful or not, but the Expedited Processing is NOT to change visa rules at all. It is an option explicitly stated when USCIS announced the premium processing suspension.

Communicating with state of board of medicine is surely another approach worth trying.

Members don't see this ad.

Per joint ECFMG and NRMP email, they are aware of the new executive order ban of six countries and have been working on it, but H1b premium processing suspension hasn't been mentioned. The executive order ban and premium suspension are two different issues.

Of course, it's unknown if it will be successful or not, but the Expedited Processing is NOT to change visa rules at all. It is an option explicitly stated when USCIS announced the premium processing suspension.

Communicating with state of board of medicine is surely another approach worth trying.
I assure you ECFMG and NRMP (as well as every PD and GME office that sponsors H1b visas) are aware of the rules change. You can email bomb them all you want if it makes you feel better, but I suspect it's not going to make a bit of a difference other than to start to aggravate the people you need to help you.

A current intern here affected by this crisis. I am affected because my advanced program is in a different state, where trainee license is required for h1b. Anybody else contacting the state board about this? I am specifically instructed by my program not to directly approach them.

Hi everyone.
I have matched and will find out about the program tomorrow.
I am an IMG on H4 visa currently and willing to convert to H1B.
As you may know Premium process for H1B will be suspended from April 3rd.
I am reaching out for some advices..
Is it possible to file petition in 2 weeks? How can I speed up the paper work?
Is there anyone filed H1B on regular process? did they make it for July 1st?

Hi everyone.
There's a thread for that. I moved it there.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone.
Highly state dependent as far as I'm aware. You'll need to get your training license before you can start the H1b process.

Contact your program and they will tell you which visa(s) you qualify for, and what to do. H visas are managed by the program. J visas are your responsibility.

I matched in a university program at New York State. PD called to congrat me but I did not got an email about contract and required documents...DOes any one know if we need a license or permit for residency before filing H1B petition?

The program files the H1b. They will tell you what to do. Doesn't hurt to email the PC on Monday to expedite your part of the process. Remember that program promises of H1b visas were before premium processing was cut, they may be sorting out what to do. Without premium processing, it could take months to get an H visa.