Other OT-Related Information Hairstyling/Hair Grooming as an Intervention in Occupational Therapy Survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HufflepuffGal1922

Reaction score
Hello All,

My name is Rajaé Jones and I am an occupational therapy doctorate student at the University of St. Augustine at the San Marcos, CA campus. I am conducting research with occupational therapy practitioners and occupational therapy students and looking to gather information on their current knowledge, attitudes and means of application of hairstyling/hair grooming as an intervention and what that looks like in application to Black women’s hair.

The information gathered from the survey will be used to create an educational program that will provide OTs the opportunity to learn more about the many aspects of hairstyling and maintenance for Black women’s hair as well as its’ cultural importance.

Subjects must meet the following criteria to be involved in the study:
(1) Be a current licensed occupational therapy practitioner (OTPs) or a current occupational therapy/occupational therapy assistant student who has completed one Level II Fieldwork experience.

Subjects may be excluded from the study if the following criteria are met:
(1) Under the age of 18. Participants will be asked their age during the survey.
(2) An occupational therapy student that has not completed one Level II Fieldwork experience.

This survey will take approximately less than 10 minutes to complete. All answers will be anonymous, and participation is voluntary.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Thank you for participating in the survey!

Survey Link: Microsoft Forms

Sincerely,

Rajaé Jones, OTD/S
University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences, San Marcos
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.