Happy Lab Week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dingdong28

Funny as hell
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanna say Happy Lab Week to all of the pathologists out there. I know you all don't work a lot with us MLTs/MLSs but still want to wish our fellow pathologists a Happy Lab Week.

Thank you for all that you do!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What did you guys have for lunch at your place? We had crappy salad and sandwiches.

It's pretty much BYOB at our lab. Someone brought in bagels from Panera yesterday and I don't know about today as I'm not working tonight. I believe we're doing a nacho/taco bar and some of us are doing a cupcake battle later this week. For games, we have the lab week crossword puzzles, word searches and guess your baby photo. We received nothing from the hospital (not even an email! though I'm not surprised) as it's also Patient Experience Week, which seems like Nurses Week 2.0.

Members don't see this ad :)
People in the lab just play cards all day

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
We have at least one meal provided each day for the labs. Decent lab-branded jackets as a more concrete jacket. I think a few other things, but haven't kept track. Still trying to sort out Pathology Assistant's day from last week :)

Can you take a picture of the jacket and post it or PM me it? I'd like to see that. I forgot we got lunch boxes. They just say lab week 2019 and are the color of blue jeans but heavily insulated. They're actually pretty nice, I forgot all about them until you mentioned the jackets. I didn't even know PA day was in April! I am a little unfamiliar with PA's as I've only worked in labs where pathologists run the show. Are you a PA? I've been exploring PA school as of recently as there is one "close" to me at the U of Toledo. As you can see my post history my mind has been all over the place.

I bought em Chik Fil A nuggets for lab week. In past I spent 1k plus on BBQ etc, but was told by admin I couldn't spend such sums because it would entice the lab workers to send me referrals for a kick back.

The field is lost.

Our group used to treat the lab too; it could get expensive.