Harvard M.Ed in Human Development and Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

devpsych99

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
A friend of mine is currently in a dual degree program at the university that I currently attend. We were discussing the strengths and weaknesses of her staying there vs. going someplace else to get her masters while she narrows her focus and determines what area of psychology she wants to pursue. She said she was looking into the M.Ed program in Human Development and Psychology at Harvard. Does anyone have any information on this program or how it could help her get into clinical or counseling psych PhD programs? I told her that I was a little concerned that it was only a one-year program so it would be harder to get to know faculty and develop relationships with them and thus get great letters of recommendation, but the program may have some good strengths that neither of us know about so any additional information would be helpful. The only thing I do know is that the program seems to be strong/well regarded but hey, it's Harvard so that's to be expected. There doesn't seem to be a thesis or research component of any kind and she has expressed interest in that doing that so any particular info on that would be helpful for her.

Members don't see this ad.