Harvard Medical School Withdraws From U.S. News Ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyperalgesia

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reactions: 1 user
“Ultimately, the suitability of any particular medical school for any given student is too complex, nuanced, and individualized to be served by a rigid ranked list, no matter the methodology,” Dr. Daley said.

Translation: We are going to go woke, be reverse racist & are scared of scrutiny

Reactions: 5 users
oh no, now no one will want to go to Harvard

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
“Ultimately, the suitability of any particular medical school for any given student is too complex, nuanced, and individualized to be served by a rigid ranked list, no matter the methodology,” Dr. Daley said.

Translation: We are going to go woke, be reverse racist & are scared of scrutiny
Harvard already is...

I think those rankings may be silly anyway. When rankings time comes around, the people from both hopkins and harvard email me asking to vote for their respective programs. I guess it gets voted for through doximity or something like that. I don't pay attention to any of it but I'm guessing the bigger programs probably get more votes which probably increases their rankings.

technicallly, minorities are underrepresented.

white americans make up 57% of the US population. hispanic, latino and black americans make up 31% of the population.

Harvard's own statement says that their 2026 matriculating class has 20% "backgrounds underrepresented in medicine", which would be below 31%.

a little dated, and pre pandemic, but i post for informational purposes:

technicallly, minorities are underrepresented.

white americans make up 57% of the US population. hispanic, latino and black americans make up 31% of the population.

Harvard's own statement says that their 2026 matriculating class has 20% "backgrounds underrepresented in medicine", which would be below 31%.

a little dated, and pre pandemic, but i post for informational purposes:
This kind of thing drives me nuts. The numbers are so malleable it means almost nothing. What percentage of "underrepresended minorities" graduate high school? Graduate undergrad? Get a super high GPA? Want to go into medicine? How many even apply to Harvard?

A better number would be what percentage of qualified applicants were underrepresended minorities and what percentage of them were enrolled vs other qualified non-minority applicants.

For that matter, why do we even care about the color of one's skin at all?

the issue is the "going to be woke, be reverse racist" innuendoes

Harvard Med school is clearly not doing so well in these so called culture wars.

that should not be the reason they are pulling out from US News Ranking.

but if we get rid of culture wars on this forum, then i dont have to put out retorts refuting the basis of these inflammatory posts.