Has anyone been accepted to Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaskier

Altaholics Anonymous 92'
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there been accepted to Univ of Vermont? If so, when did you interview? How long after your interview did you get your acceptance letter? Was it via mail or email or phone?

Members don't see this ad.

Why? Did you interview there? If so, what was it like, and what did you think of the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at UVM on 11/8. Direct from the dean: No one except EDP people have been accepted there yet. The adcom meets at the beginning of December at which time the first batch of regular acceptances goes out.

SMW,

Univ of Vermont was a pretty chill interview. What happens is that you first met with the deam of admin, take a tour given by students who aren't on the admin committee, eat luch with them, and then listen to a financial aid talk. Finally around 2pm, you interview. Most people are interviewed by 2 faculty members at the same time. So, I had a family med and a surgeon who actually writes the general surgery questions for the USMLE. Our interview lasted 1 hour. Then, some other student has the same batch of interviewers you had. So, you'll either go at 2-3 or 3-4 pm. The atmosphere is pretty nice. It is located in Burlington. I am from Cali, so it was cold for me. But, I wouldn't mind going there at all. Hope this helps.

University of Vermont is my first choice also. I am from Jersey, but spend every weekend (winter) skiing at Killington or Stowe. I have to admit, i freaked when i got the skinny envelope the other day. false alarm, just telling applicants they were pushing the deadline back because of the BUTTCAS fiasco. :rolleyes:

Thanks, altaskier. I finally got a response to my e-mail asking if my app was complete. They said that they just got the August MCAT scores in right before Thanksgiving (?) and are now getting them into files. Of course, I'm at the end of the alphabet, so mine will be the last one filed! :( How long was it between your app being complete and your interview invitation?

Originally posted by SMW:
•Thanks, altaskier. I finally got a response to my e-mail asking if my app was complete. They said that they just got the August MCAT scores in right before Thanksgiving (?) and are now getting them into files. Of course, I'm at the end of the alphabet, so mine will be the last one filed! :( How long was it between your app being complete and your interview invitation?•••

I know you weren't asking me, but it took negative two days between application complete and interview request (i.e. the phone call came two days before the letter telling me I was complete came in). They seem pretty on the ball about these things. Then there's Stanford where I've been complete for 10 weeks.. :confused:

Andrew