Has anyone been employed by Onemedical before? What’re your thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wamcp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Direct primary care model..and no need to answer calls??

“our 24/7 virtual medical team handles prescription renewals, lab reporting, and phone calls, so patients have faster access to care and in-office providers can focus on who’s in the exam room.”

A recently IPO company too. what’s the salary like? Is this just another corporation that breathes down your neck?

Members don't see this ad.

Not getting the warm fuzzies.

"providers can focus on who’s in the exam room"

Translation: a company that wouldn't be happy with anything less than 30+ pts/day volume.

"The desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team of clinicians"

Translation: You'll be expected to supervise mid-level providers of our choosing.

This doesn't sound much different than many of the other models already in existence. Now if they would advertise that they would do all of my paperwork, handle PAs and provide someone to write my notes (the true barriers to seeing more patients)... then we might have something.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Direct primary care model..and no need to answer calls??

“our 24/7 virtual medical team handles prescription renewals, lab reporting, and phone calls, so patients have faster access to care and in-office providers can focus on who’s in the exam room.”

A recently IPO company too. what’s the salary like? Is this just another corporation that breathes down your neck?

Not sure if you’re around, but did you interview with them? I’d love to hear more if so.

A internist friend of mine recently accepted an offer with One Medical in SoCal.

$220k base + $10k annually vesting stock = $230k total compensation

10 to 12 patients / day (minimum of 30 min per patient), no call.

One Medical has 30 minute visits.
No MA
Doctor has to room pt, do vitals, EKG.
There is a phlebotomist.
Salaried, for better or worse. Usually not good to be salaried in my opinion in case you are given more pt volume and same income.
I believe you have to supervise a mid level provider also without compensation.

My patients have been a part of their group before. The doctor checks the patients in, takes all vitals and everything.

Times are good now but if you look at their financials they are burning cash and losing money like crazy.

The good times wont last forever, something will have to change. Either see more patients or charge annual fee more. Going to be hard to charge more since the premium that they office has eroded.They used to offer video visits, online booking before it was a bit thing.Now, everyone is doingi that.

In case anyone is reading this trying to learn more...
I sent in my resume and essentially an HR person called me a few days later.
I spoke with her for about 20 minutes and then she emailed me saying they weren't interested in an official interview.
I didn't even realize it was essentially an interview with the HR person, ha. Shrug.
Wouldn't have been a good fit for me anyone, but job hunting during the beginning of covid had me just applying everywhere!

Reactions: 1 user
They are a company that uses mostly NPs and PAs. They charge patients $200 per year but they don't have to pay it if they complain about it (so most don't actually pay it). They treat DOs, MDs, PAs, and NPs as equals. In other words, your office medical director- the person you report to- may be a PA/NP. Everyone is on a first name basis. It's not, "This is your doctor-Dr. Bob" it's "This is your doctor- Bob". Most patients are "worried well" and they focus more on patient satisfaction (such as giving a stimulant or a benxo rx) more than good medicine. They also have very low compensation.

Reactions: 1 users