has anyone been pulled from the evms waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sgod34

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone been pulled from the evms waitlist? no one has really said anything about evms for a week or so...anything going on?

Members don't see this ad.

i called on wednesday and spoke with nicole...she said they're completely full (obviously) and that if i should take offers from other places if i get them. i asked if there has been movement at all, she said 'no, not really'. the tone of voice led me to believe that theres gonna be little movement for some reason. i've pretty much given up on evms, but of course should i get an offer the day before it starts i'd still go.

boo!!! how discouraging...i guess i just have to hope for some luck and movement

Members don't see this ad :)
sgod34 said:
boo!!! how discouraging...i guess i just have to hope for some luck and movement

did you apply to any other smp's? i applied to rfu and drexel..still waiting to hear back. i should have applied to BU, but i thought it was a 2 year program. now i learned most do it in one year. i just found out about cincinatti's, which sounds like a carbon copy of evms's, but u get to establish residency in ohio..making entry into a med school in ohio WAY easier...deadline passed a month ago..hindsight is 20/20 eh

well...here's my situation...i got in rfsu last year and deferred my acceptance to this year bc i needed a break from school...when i called in december everyhting was cool, but when i called in janurary they said the program was changed (no more 3.0gpa rule)...so i didnt get on top of it and only applied to evms bc i thought i would get in...but with my luck this year is harder to get in....im still hoping they will take me off the waitlist bc im in the top 1/3 but who knows...at least you are n a good spot with some back-ups

i'm not accepted to either, not backups until u get in..haha
i still think u should try to get into rfu if they deferred it...the only reason theyre so anal about not guarunteeing anything now is because of all the legal ramifications. they still garuntee you an interview..so i'd bet my money that they'll have a high matric. rate...
as long you handle it in rfu, you still should get in. good luck buddy

palmtree said:
i called on wednesday and spoke with nicole...she said they're completely full (obviously) and that if i should take offers from other places if i get them. i asked if there has been movement at all, she said 'no, not really'. the tone of voice led me to believe that theres gonna be little movement for some reason. i've pretty much given up on evms, but of course should i get an offer the day before it starts i'd still go.

the reply 'no, not really' was the same one i got when i asked (almost exactly a year ago) if there was any movement .....

i finally got offered an acceptance a week later. At least one other student received an offer in mid July. So don't give up on EVMS (not yet)!

Got into Drexel, I will send the deposit nxt wk just to hold my seat. I'd still go to EVMS once there's waitlist movement.

hey junos, mind if i ask what u when you interviewed for drexel? i'm still waiting to hear from drexel/rfu. prayin to god i get into one of the three. thanks buddy

I interviewed around May 28th, heard back that I got in 3 wks later.
Good luck.

I was just accepted to the EVMS MD program, so my spot for the Med. Masters Program should be opening up.

I think that those of you on the waiting list shouldn't give up hope; people will be accepted into the MD program steadily until well into July. Many of those people are bound to be holding Medical Masters spots.

Good luck, everyone.

congrats flukemcd thats great news for you and everyone on the waitlist

Congrats on getting accepted.
I just talked to Toni today and she said that it'll take at least another wk-2wks to find out. I'm sending my Drexel deposit to hold a seat.

i guess 3 people withdrew there acceptane so at least 3 will be getting in