Has anyone ever been accepted without an interview invite by now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ej37

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am starting to give up hope a little bit...

have been complete at about 30 schools since September, have received one interview so far, and was waitlisted promptly thereafter.

I realize each cycle is different... but how common/uncommon is it for applicants with average/below average starts to receive an invite after this date?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

have been complete at about 30 schools since September, have received one interview so far, and was waitlisted promptly thereafter.

I realize each cycle is different... but how common/uncommon is it for applicants with average/below average starts to receive an invite after this date?

Thanks.

Interviews go until Feb. My sister got an interview for UIC which was supposed to be on May 10th. So just wait. They will come. Good luck!:luck:

Last edited:

Thanks.

September isn't really all that early. My GPA is pretty below average and, after being complete in August, I am just not receiving interviews.
Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
There are plenty of people on these forums whose only interview invites were late in the cycle (e.g. March/April) and ended up getting accepted. So, it happens. But, I'm with you and I'm a little concerned at this point. If the pooh hits the fan and I don't make it in this year, I'll just buff up my application and try again. That's all we can do. Once you come to terms with that, life gets a whole lot better IMHO :)

Posted by LizzyM (school Admin) on 11/6/08:

"With my team, we've reviewed over 1,100 applications thus far and we have about 200 more to review (maybe more). There are sure to be more coming in as people complete their applications before some (unclear to me) deadline. (We are not the only team working on applications) I also looked at a couple of applications in my queue. One submitted her secondary on July 31 and took the MCAT in July, too. Another completed the secondary in mid-October and a third compled in September.

We've been interviewing for about 2 mos and have about 4 mos more to go. We've made interview invitations to about 1/3 of the total number who will get interview invitations. I think that the invitations go out close (3-4 wks) to the interview dates rather than asking people to commit now to a date in January (that they may cancel when they get an offer from their dream school). My general observation has been that very good students are over-represented among the early applicants but there are some gems who apply late and the people in charge of issuing interview invitations know this and plan accordingly (we wouldn't want to use up all our invitaitons by Oct 1 and not have any for the super-candidate who arrives later). We do try to interview the best regardliess of whether they apply early or late.

I do hope that his helps you relax and enjoy the next few weeks."

So it's still VERY EARLY. If LizzyM's school had only handed out 1/3 of interview invites by 11/6 that means most likely there are plenty of interview invites left to be handed out. Keep your spirits up!

Thanks.

very common, happens all the time. the examples are littered throughout SDN.

Both of the two schools on which I serve on admissions committees have not filled all of their slots nor are not anywhere close to completion of interviews for this cycle. In general, we will interview into March and accept people into April.

Like most schools, we will wind down for the holidays and pick up in January and go through to March. Chill out.

Lizzy also said that you have until January 26 (I think it was 26) to receive an interview invitation. If you don't receive it by that time, only then you can go ahead and assume rejections. You have a long way to go still.

Lizzy also said that you have until January 26 (I think it was 26) to receive an interview invitation. If you don't receive it by that time, only then you can go ahead and assume rejections. You have a long way to go still.

I think the date was January 21st - but that doesn't mean this is the last date to receive an interview this cycle, just that after this date you should probably consider you won't be getting any more. Don't forget, people will make last minute cancellations, etc.

Your title makes no sense. Interviews go until Feb. My sister got an interview for UIC which was supposed to be on May 10th. So just wait. They will come. Good luck!:luck:
Interviews only go until February??? :eek:

Last edited:
Interviews only go until February??? I already have 2 interviews in february? :eek:

It depends on the school. Some interview through Feb, many until March, and a few even go through April or May (like Rosalind Franklin).

Friend of mine is an M1 at UM. He didn't get an interview until sometime in January and got in.

September isn't really all that early. My GPA is pretty below average and, after being complete in August, I am just not receiving interviews.
Hang in there!

Many schools don't start interviewing til sept.. So YES SEPT = EARLY! Caps does not equal yelling; just emphasizing.

I know plenty of people who interviewed at USF and other state schools in spring who were accepted.

Interviews only go until February??? I already have 2 interviews in february? :eek:

Like the poster below you, let me stress that each school has their own interview sched.

My Fl. state schools go til march and some til April.

Top tier nonrolling schools go til Feb. at the latest and decision time is in march or april.

Dude:

I was not complete at schools until late november (which is why I applied to so many schools). I interviewed at schools as far as April receiving invites from december to late march. I was accepted to many schools (mdapps) so I think as far as you are qualified and come off as a passionate individual in interviews you should have no problem.
Best of luck.

Dude:

I was not complete at schools until late november (which is why I applied to so many schools). I interviewed at schools as far as April receiving invites from december to late march. I was accepted to many schools (mdapps) so I think as far as you are qualified and come off as a passionate individual in interviews you should have no problem.
Best of luck.
:laugh: I was excited until I read your MDApps. Your profile is a little on the exceptional side.

Don't give up hope, cause my friends got into UCLA and SF last year and they did not get interviews until pretty late in the season. Just remember they interview people all the way until late April, and they wouldn't be doing that unless they know they got a few spots open. Gluck! :)

nt

Last edited:
I just searched gmail and my interview invite came Feb. 22nd of this year. Accepted in May and I'm an M1 here now.