Program-Specific Info / Q's Has anyone ever transferred during MOT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmk61488

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am currently finishing up my first semester of my MOT. While I was over the moon when I got into the program that I am in, I unfortunately have been pretty disappointed so far. While I have learned a lot and have not for a second doubted my interest in pursuing OT, I just really do not want to continue in this program. I love love love my classmates, but the higher ups in the OT department specifically, not in the slightest. I have witnessed some things that I do not agree with and I am seriously looking into the possibility of transferring. On top of everything else, I support myself financially and this program is full-time and I have been having a rough time making ends meet. I have been researching some every other weekend programs such as Mercy, Misieracordia, and Dominican College. I am completely unsure as to if this is even possible to transfer within grad school. Has anyone every transferred or heard of anyone transferring?? Also, if anyone has any info on these 3 schools please do share. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard of programs allowing it, but you're probably going to have to staŕt over forbthe most part, and wait for the fall. Last I checked, Bay Paths website said they took some credits, and they have a part time option (but not weekend). The best thing you can do is ask the programs. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
One of my classmates actually just transferred to another school after completing her first semester. She had to reapply to the OT school she wanted to attend. A few of her classes were transferable and she will be starting in the Fall with the incoming cohort. The best thing to do is to call the programs you are interested in and see what their policies are. Most time, you will have to start the falling year with the incoming cohort and reapply. Good luck. I was attempting to transfer as well, but decided it wasn't worth the effort if not all classes were transferable.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One of my classmates actually just transferred to another school after completing her first semester. She had to reapply to the OT school she wanted to attend. A few of her classes were transferable and she will be starting in the Fall with the incoming cohort. The best thing to do is to call the programs you are interested in and see what their policies are. Most time, you will have to start the falling year with the incoming cohort and reapply. Good luck. I was attempting to transfer as well, but decided it wasn't worth the effort if not all classes were transferable.
Thank you!

You'll need to contact every department you can reach. Very few departments will permit transfers; but it can happen. I know how bad the situation you are in can be. I've experienced it myself directly.

Did you end up transferring to a different program? Or what did you do?

Most programs will want you to take courses over again. Only worth it if you REALLy want to leave. They will accept courses like Intro to OT etc.