Has anyone heard from Georgia Regents University yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT246

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Georgia Regents University yet?

Members don't see this ad.

No I have not and I was in the 1st interview group. They said acceptances, alternatives, and rejections would go out the 1st week in December during my session.

Do you have any idea how many interview groups there were?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea if this is right, but I could have sworn in our group they said there were 4 groups total that interviewed. And they also said the same to us as they did to Tide, first week of December is when we should hear :)

I heard that they are interviewing around 100 and will pick 40 and put some on a waiting list. Hopefully we will hear something early next week!!

Thank you for the reply! I hope we do hear soon!!

Just received a letter saying that I am on the alternate list. Would have loved to be accepted but I'm glad I at least have a shot. Anyone know how many people they normally name as alternates?

Oh wow, I thought they would call everyone who was accepted and email for the alternate list.. I need to check my mail. I have a friend who is a second year at GRU that told me to not be discouraged if I am put on the alternate list.. which makes me believe they accept a lot from the list.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh wow, I thought they would call everyone who was accepted and email for the alternate list.. I need to check my mail. I have a friend who is a second year at GRU that told me to not be discouraged if I am put on the alternate list.. which makes me believe they accept a lot from the list.

Yeah I thought for sure when I got a letter that it was a denial... Totally didn't expect it to come in the mail. And that's cool that your friend said that! Gives me a little hope :). Best of luck!

AJCP, do you live near Augusta, if you don't mind? I live a couple hours away and not sure if a letter would have gotten to me yet..

AJCP, do you live near Augusta, if you don't mind? I live a couple hours away and not sure if a letter would have gotten to me yet..

I actually live in California! So it had to travel pretty far.

Was not expecting you to live that far! Ha I think they can only take a certain number of applicants from out of state, so I wouldn't feel bad being put on the alternate list.

Just got a letter today saying that I was placed on the alternate list too. I wonder how many of us are on the alternate list...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same boat as many of you... I received a letter saying I was put on the alternate list I had my interview on October 11.

If you email Amanda, she will tell you what position you are on the alternate list. Not sure how many there are on the list total though :-/

Do you mind me asking, what position did Amanda say that you were? Just trying to figure out how many are on the list.

Do you mind me asking, what position did Amanda say that you were? Just trying to figure out how many are on the list.

No problem! I'm 21st

I got waitlisted too! I also heard that they will be interviewing another group in January which makes no sense to me at all. I am too afraid to ask what number I am, but I sent my letter back saying to keep me on the list.

I got waitlisted too! I also heard that they will be interviewing another group in January which makes no sense to me at all. I am too afraid to ask what number I am, but I sent my letter back saying to keep me on the list.

Yeah they are doing another interview in January which could alter current alternates' spot on the waitlist. I completely agree, I don't think it makes sense or is fair to those who prioritized applying to this program early.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah they are doing another interview in January which could alter current alternates' spot on the waitlist. I completely agree, I don't think it makes sense or is fair to those who prioritized applying to this program early.
I am currently filling out applications for other schools because I can not afford to wait another year.. Agh this process is so frustrating!!

Has anyone gotten admitted to the program? It seems a lot of us were put on the waitlist, but I haven't heard of anyone accepted...

I found out I was placed pretty far down the waitlist (47 agh), so I emailed the professor (Lori) who I interviewed with and asked if she could tell me how I could improve on my interview and any other advice she could give for becoming a better candidate. I received an email from Scott a few days later that said I did fantastic in my interview, but my GPA was not high enough to be competitive for this cycle. He also said my GRE score was lower than the average. I am appreciative for their guidance but am very confused as to why I even got an interview if I did not stand a chance. He said that the average GRE scores for this cycle were- Quant: 158, Verbal: 156, Writing: 4.5. And that the overall GPA average was a 3.65. I do not think they looked closely at pre-rec averages or letters of recommendation.
My stats- Quant: 150
Verbal: 154
Writing: 4.0
overall GPA: 3.13
pre-rec GPA: 3.8

I found out I was placed pretty far down the waitlist (47 agh), so I emailed the professor (Lori) who I interviewed with and asked if she could tell me how I could improve on my interview and any other advice she could give for becoming a better candidate. I received an email from Scott a few days later that said I did fantastic in my interview, but my GPA was not high enough to be competitive for this cycle. He also said my GRE score was lower than the average. I am appreciative for their guidance but am very confused as to why I even got an interview if I did not stand a chance. He said that the average GRE scores for this cycle were- Quant: 158, Verbal: 156, Writing: 4.5. And that the overall GPA average was a 3.65. I do not think they looked closely at pre-rec averages or letters of recommendation.
My stats- Quant: 150
Verbal: 154
Writing: 4.0
overall GPA: 3.13
pre-rec GPA: 3.8

Wow that is crazy, I applied there and havent heard back but my stats are a lower then yours so I guess that means I don't stand a chance. Unfortunately like other people have said, most schools just rank you and go from there and
we just become a number. Having 47+ people on a wait list is insane, it does not make a lot of sense to me.

You may get an interview, Nick, because apparently they are interviewing more people in January. (Makes absolutely no sense, but their admissions secretary said that they are)

Hey everyone! This is just a shot in the dark but I was wondering if there is anyone that is accepted to GRU that may decide to attend another school? I'm 4th on the waitlist as of now, not sure about after the latest round of interviews, but I am trying to remain realistic :) Thanks!