Has anyone interviewed on the same day as a classmate/friend?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tuna1234

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did it affect the dynamic of your interview day at all? I think it would be fun, but wonder if/how adcoms would make direct comparisons between the two of you if you have similar activities, experiences, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

People are different. Even if they do the same coursework and EC's, they are going to act differently, interview differently, and pick their nose differently. Speaking with identical twins, you can still tell them apart.

Some staff may notice they you two made an instant connection or feel like you are cliquey (you 2 might dominate a group interview - bad) - that may help or hurt your chances. On the plus side, having a friend there may help lower your stress levels, which could benefit you. That would also likely go out the window once you get to individual interviews.

No. But I did have a second-year friend of mine showing me around as part of the committee of second-year students at an interview I attended.

By the end of interview day, everyone should be your friend!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user