Has Ross Updated Mediasite?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

totherambler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm buying a tablet to bring to Dominica in addition to my laptop. Mediasite 6 is the newest update, boasting it's 'mobile capabilities.' However, the demo lecture on their site is still running version 5. I know there's been numerous posts regarding issues streaming lectures on tablets but, granted Ross updates their software, there is hope after all. If they haven't updated yet, then please pass the word and start pestering IT staff, faculty, etc to get the ball rolling. Thanks and see ya soon!

For those interested in details of the new mediasite 6:

-Live streaming and on-demand playback on nearly every mobile device, from iPad and iPhone to Blackberry and Android device, using HTML5 and H.264

-Adaptive streaming, via Microsoft Smooth Streaming, to optimize Mediasite playback by switching video quality in real-time based on available bandwidth and device capabilities

-System-wide search using indexed slide text, presentation metadata and closed captions (if available) to pinpoint valuable content snippets anywhere in your entire Mediasite library

-Search engine optimization for publicly-available presentations

-Redesigned Mediasite Catalogs including new mobile catalog, Calendar view and video preview layouts

-Numerous Mediasite Management Portal enhancements for advanced content management, reporting, content customization and security

Members don't see this ad.