Have a shot this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseFootBall

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
chances for interviews is good. acceptances will be dependent on interview performance to a large degree. sGPA may be a concern. if I were you, I'd enroll in some upper-level science classes this fall and ace them in case of reapplication. good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
chances for interviews is good. acceptances will be dependent on interview performance to a large degree. sGPA may be a concern. if I were you, I'd enroll in some upper-level science classes this fall and ace them in case of reapplication. good luck to you!
Appreciate the outlook! Unfortunately just graduated, spending the year scribing.

Members don't see this ad :)

Agree with this. I think many schools will have some level of interest, but acceptance will be highly dependent on your interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Your sGPA is low, but if the rest of your app is solid you should have a good chance at getting some interviews. Then at that point it’s up to your interview skills.

Do you mind sharing your school list?
Sure off the top of my head so apologies if I forget a few but: Rowan, MSU, Midwestern (Chicago), PCOM, LECOM, WesternU, CHSU, KCU, LUCOM, Pikeville, Marian, Ohio, Oklahoma State, Lincoln Memorial, Idaho, Alabama, Des Moines, Arkansas..I believe that's all of em.

Decided not to send a secondary back to Rowan due to largely in-state admissions, anddddd skeptical about LUCOM due to the heavy Christianity mission, let me know if anyone has any feedback out the school list, tried to apply broadly.

Last edited:
Sure off the top of my head so apologies if I forget a few but: Rowan, MSU, Midwestern (Chicago), PCOM, LECOM, WesternU, CHSU, KCU, LUCOM, Pikeville, Marian, Ohio, Oklahoma State, Lincoln Memorial, Idaho, Alabama, Des Moines, Arkansas..I believe that's all of em.

Decided not to send a secondary back to Rowan due to largely in-state admissions, anddddd skeptical about LUCOM due to the heavy Christianity mission, let me know if anyone has any feedback out the school list, tried to apply broadly.
Thank you! We have similar school lists. I still haven’t received a secondary from CHSU, Western-Pomona, or KCU yet though.

I’ve heard MSU also takes almost 80-90% in state students as well

Thank you! We have similar school lists. I still haven’t received a secondary from CHSU, Western-Pomona, or KCU yet though.

I’ve heard MSU also takes almost 80-90% in state students as well
Great good luck! I received CHSU and Western but that could be because I was born in Cali and lived there for 10 years, not sure if it means anything.

KCU has a 3.25 gpa cut off. I seem to remember some people getting past it though, so who knows how strictly they adhere.

No need to take more classes.
You will get multiple interview invites. From there, it's yours to lose.

G'luck!

Solid list - good move adding a lot of newer schools due to your weaker GPA.

MSU is out unless you're from MI. Pretty sure Ohio schools are the same.
Good move not doing VCOM's bc they like high GPA's.
Like you said LUCOM is a flop.
I can't remember but I think Goro mentioned that LMU or DMU has heightened monitoring too.

Maybe add BCOM and RVU-COM?

Yeahp I'm a MI resident! So hopefully and yes I'll look into those schools as well, thank you!

Good move not doing VCOM's bc they like high GPA's.
Like you said LUCOM is a flop.
I can't remember but I think Goro mentioned that LMU or DMU has heightened monitoring too.

LMU has heightened monitoring

If you don't care about Las Vegas heat add TUNCOM.

Yeahp I'm a MI resident! So hopefully and yes I'll look into those schools as well, thank you!
I didn't get accepted to MSUCOM and am also a MI resident so be wary. My friend also not accepted with above average stats.
We both went seperate ways - him to Touro-NV and me to VCOM-SC, if that helps with any idea where MI students can land.

I just think you will run into problems with established schools bc of your minimally acceptable sGPA (and cGPA).

Last edited:
Just wondering what y'all think my chances are of an acceptance DO. Currently applied to around 20 DO schools and got a secondary back everywhere aside from Campbell. Thanks, good luck to everyone applying!
-3.2 GPA, sGPA 3.0
-508 MCAT 126/126/128/128
-Enough volunteering/shadowing (DO as well)
-2 years research
-From a small town, interest in Rural Medicine
Chances for IIs are good from the newest schools.

Acceptance is 100% dependent upon you.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.