Have I applied too late for Australian Med?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ravyn12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I saw someone post that they've received an interview for USyd (kermicrzy), and am wondering whether I applied too late to have a decent chance to get an interview? I pretty much submitted all of my applications on the day they were due (Melbourne, UQ, Usyd, Flinders), and would like some input on my chances.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes from submitting an application to receiving information/feedback about an interview? Hopefully this is the right place to ask these questions, and I appreciate any help!

PS. I have a 3.4 gpa (life sciences undergrad degree from Canada), and a 33Q mcat, how are my chances looking for an interview/acceptance to any of the australian med schools that I applied for? Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

I saw someone post that they've received an interview for USyd (kermicrzy), and am wondering whether I applied too late to have a decent chance to get an interview? I pretty much submitted all of my applications on the day they were due (Melbourne, UQ, Usyd, Flinders), and would like some input on my chances.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes from submitting an application to receiving information/feedback about an interview? Hopefully this is the right place to ask these questions, and I appreciate any help!

PS. I have a 3.4 gpa (life sciences undergrad degree from Canada), and a 33Q mcat, how are my chances looking for an interview/acceptance to any of the australian med schools that I applied for? Thanks everyone!

What I know and hear on Paging dr forum is that the college you apply thru ACER (but others use a US agent to do application) is August for UQ etc. Sydney is hosting more interviews in August as well, since the first interviews are finishing up tomorrow.

When you apply to USyd the application will move from Centre to faculty in about 10 days when you check the portal site.

But def recommend checking paging dr since all the Oz students seem to hang out there and quite helpful :)

And best of luck!

You should be fine for Flinders at least. They have an early round and a regular round. They finished their early round already and offers have gone out. The regular round is still a viable option though.

Thanks for the info kermicrzy and rayjay, found the paging dr website and it's a lot of help!! :)