Have we discussed Trevor Noah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epidural man

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Another example of rich White privilege patriarch…

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Another example of rich White privilege patriarch…

Don't know much of the details as little of it exists in the public sphere. But it does raise eyebrows when the complaint includes a litany of items that basically says every aspect of his care was negligent. He is saying everyone who ever took care of him dropped the ball, which is unlikely.

I feel that when people file malpractice lawsuits like this and have it sent in the media to "tell his side of the story" he is creating significqnt bias when the hospital cannot provide a meaningful rebuttal due to HIPAA.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
rich White privilege patriarch?

wtf are you going on about
I do not know Trevor Noah, nor do I know anything about the surgery he had, nor do I know anything about the course of events, nor do I know anything about the surgeon. Therefore, I am not qualified to comment in any way.

Reactions: 4 users
I do not know Trevor Noah, nor do I know anything about the surgery he had, nor do I know anything about the course of events, nor do I know anything about the surgeon. Therefore, I am not qualified to comment in any way.

No no no, you’re doing it all wrong. You first form a strong opinion based on nothing but the headline and your baseless thoughts of the person involved. Then you post said opinion all over social media and the interwebs. THEN, when the facts come out and you realize you may have potentially formed an incorrect opinion, you pretend like it never happened and move on to the next issue to get outraged over. Rinse and repeat.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I see rich people but no white people. And surgery tends to leave you “sore”.

What I do know is he's not very funny. Daily show took a big step down from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Larry Wilmore was leaps and bounds better than him. Can't believe Trevor Noah still has a show and Larry Wilmore doesn't

Top 10 Unfunniest Men Alive.....

What I do know is he's not very funny. Daily show took a big step down from Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Larry Wilmore was leaps and bounds better than him. Can't believe Trevor Noah still has a show and Larry Wilmore doesn't
Liked Stephen Colbert on Comedy Central.

Daily show was pretty good until it went mostly political. It seemed that John Stewart went from actors/entertainers to gradually having politicians most of the time. Mo Rocca was pretty funny.

Political satire has its place. Look at Will Ferrell portraying Bush. That propelled him into a long career where he played the exact.same.superficial character in every movie for over a decade. Good on him for it.

Trevor Noah’s work makes me think of hand-me-down, dull, left handed scissors. I acknowledge it’s presence, but don’t have a use for it. Big step down.

Top 10 Unfunniest Men Alive.....
John Stewart did have a lot of Politicians, but to his credit he was was respectful to most of those that he disagreed with and let them have their say. Trevor Noah is not as sharp and talented and there is a little more meanness in his delivery.

Daily show was pretty good until it went mostly political. It seemed that John Stewart went from actors/entertainers to gradually having politicians most of the time. Mo Rocca was pretty funny.

Political satire has its place. Look at Will Ferrell portraying Bush. That propelled him into a long career where he played the exact.same.superficial character in every movie for over a decade. Good on him for it.

Trevor Noah’s work makes me think of hand-me-down, dull, left handed scissors. I acknowledge it’s presence, but don’t have a use for it. Big step down.

ma! the meatloaf!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well he’s only half White so not exactly White White. People don’t look at him and see a white man. That’s why we were confused.

No we are confused because we have no idea what the point of that statement was or how it relates to the included link

Is there a reason I should care that some second rate TV personality is suing some orthopod?

Has anyone blamed anesthesia yet?
Probably the orthopedic surgeon. “The block caused the CRPS!!! The block!!!”....

Noah be all like, “How am I supposed to slap Minka (Kelly) on the bottom with my gimp arm!!???!!”.... “How am I supposed to compete with Mayer and Jeter and_______, now??”

Last edited:
Well he’s only half White so not exactly White White. People don’t look at him and see a white man. That’s why we were confused.
Well that is why it was sarcastic - because what actually is true doesn’t seem to matter when social justice warriors are doing their thing shaming people.

So there was that.

And also, the topic that he is suing is also interesting.

Well that is why it was sarcastic - because what actually is true doesn’t seem to matter when social justice warriors are doing their thing shaming people.
Do you know what's true in the case? Or did you come here to say some dumb stuff like SoCiAl JuStIcE WaRrIoRs

So there was that.

And also, the topic that he is suing is also interesting.
Now I am thoroughly confused. Who’s shaming who? And are
Social justice warriors supposed to be white or something?
Honestly I can’t figure out what you mean at all.
Is Trevor shaming people?

But it does raise eyebrows when the complaint includes a litany of items that basically says every aspect of his care was negligent. He is saying everyone who ever took care of him dropped the ball, which is unlikely.
That is so true. I pay zero attention to a complaint I get that mentions the registration person, billing, the preop clinic, the preop holding area, the med student that started the IV, the OR nurse, the surgeon, the PACU, hospital security, the cafeteria, the patients parking garage, and.... of course the anesthesia team.

That is so true. I pay zero attention to a complaint I get that mentions the registration person, billing, the preop clinic, the preop holding area, the med student that started the IV, the OR nurse, the surgeon, the PACU, hospital security, the cafeteria, the patients parking garage, and.... of course the anesthesia team.

The strategy is known as "throwing as much **** as possible at the wall hoping that some will stick."

Noah’s delivery is flat. Even stuff that should be funny. He fails to capitalize on. It’s just not very good.

Reactions: 2 users
I cannot believe Trevor Noah has a TV show, much less that he took over one of the best TV shows and turned it into one of the worst TV shows. The Daily Show had been on a downward trajectory as Jon Stewart got more and more angry and political. He began to alienate half of his audience. Then Trevor Noah took over and made the show a non-entity. I have really never seen a comedian have so many swing and miss jokes and still survive seemingly unscathed. It got so tiring watching Comedy Central because they did non-stop commercials for Trevor Noah. You would think they would use something actually funny on the commercials, to lure in the audience who may not already watch the show. If the stuff from the commercials was the cream of the crop of his jokes, I hate to see what the rest was. I tried to watch many times and it was (is) really bad. I truly cannot understand why he is still on the air.
With regards to other late night hosts:
The time off was good for Jon Stewart. He made an appearance on Colbert when he was talking about the Wuhan lab leak theory. He was actually funny again. Looked like he made Colbert very uncomfortable.
Colbert is another story. He had a great gig going with the Colbert Report. He got to do what he is really good at, making fun of people by agreeing with them in a way that he is an expert at. Basically, fake news dripping with sarcasm. His show was great. Now he has a late night show where he interviews famous people and he cannot do any of the things he is good at, because no celebrity is going to sign up to be ridiculed.
Jimmy Kimmel is just a hateful and hypocritical human. Jimmy Fallon is a one trick pony who panders too much. He peaked a long time ago. He was funny at one time but that time has passed. Conan is the only one that I really still find funny.

Sorry that this turned into a bash the late night show hosts. I think that you could put Sanford and Son reruns up against Trevor Noah, Stephen Colbert, and Jimmy Kimmel, and those reruns would likely get pretty good ratings in comparison. I would definitely choose Fred Sanford over any of them.

Reactions: 2 users
I cannot believe Trevor Noah has a TV show, much less that he took over one of the best TV shows and turned it into one of the worst TV shows. The Daily Show had been on a downward trajectory as Jon Stewart got more and more angry and political. He began to alienate half of his audience. Then Trevor Noah took over and made the show a non-entity. I have really never seen a comedian have so many swing and miss jokes and still survive seemingly unscathed. It got so tiring watching Comedy Central because they did non-stop commercials for Trevor Noah. You would think they would use something actually funny on the commercials, to lure in the audience who may not already watch the show. If the stuff from the commercials was the cream of the crop of his jokes, I hate to see what the rest was. I tried to watch many times and it was (is) really bad. I truly cannot understand why he is still on the air.
With regards to other late night hosts:
The time off was good for Jon Stewart. He made an appearance on Colbert when he was talking about the Wuhan lab leak theory. He was actually funny again. Looked like he made Colbert very uncomfortable.
Colbert is another story. He had a great gig going with the Colbert Report. He got to do what he is really good at, making fun of people by agreeing with them in a way that he is an expert at. Basically, fake news dripping with sarcasm. His show was great. Now he has a late night show where he interviews famous people and he cannot do any of the things he is good at, because no celebrity is going to sign up to be ridiculed.
Jimmy Kimmel is just a hateful and hypocritical human. Jimmy Fallon is a one trick pony who panders too much. He peaked a long time ago. He was funny at one time but that time has passed. Conan is the only one that I really still find funny.

Sorry that this turned into a bash the late night show hosts. I think that you could put Sanford and Son reruns up against Trevor Noah, Stephen Colbert, and Jimmy Kimmel, and those reruns would likely get pretty good ratings in comparison. I would definitely choose Fred Sanford over any of them.

Even though they don’t have their own show, Michael Che and Colin Jost are 2 of the best late night comedians at the moment. And speaking of Conan…this is a classic

“They took my skin”

Last edited: