Haven't received my "make your decision" emails from schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

driedmango619

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm currently holding a deposit at two dental schools (have been since January) and was expecting to receive those "threatening" emails from them in the past few days. After reading the AADSAS timeline, March 5th is when the two schools should've been notified that I am holding at least one other deposit at a different institution. In year's past, I know that around this time is when the schools would reach out saying "we know you have other deposits down, please decide within the next X days". However, I haven't received this from either school yet?

I also know of someone else who is currently holding a deposit at two schools while they make their decision, and one of the two (which also happens to be a school I'm deciding between) has already emailed them with a decision deadline.

Is there a reason this could be the case?
TYIA!

Members don't see this ad.

You are playing with fire lol.
No reason holding two seats at this point. They could just rescind your acceptance and give it to someone who has been in their inbox since Dec with letters of intent.

Possible reasons could be admissions is busy and backed up.

Reactions: 5 users
You are playing with fire lol.
No reason holding two seats at this point. They could just rescind your acceptance and give it to someone who has been in their inbox since Dec with letters of intent.

Possible reasons could be admissions is busy and backed up.
Agree with this comment. It’s time to make up your mind and drop one of your schools

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious what you're waiting on. Do you want to receive those threatening emails and then you'll make your decision? Or if you've already made your decision, then drop one acceptance and allow someone else the opportunity of attending that school? If you wait too long, you may end up without a seat completely, even with a deposit...

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone!

I'm currently holding a deposit at two dental schools (have been since January) and was expecting to receive those "threatening" emails from them in the past few days. After reading the AADSAS timeline, March 5th is when the two schools should've been notified that I am holding at least one other deposit at a different institution. In year's past, I know that around this time is when the schools would reach out saying "we know you have other deposits down, please decide within the next X days". However, I haven't received this from either school yet?

I also know of someone else who is currently holding a deposit at two schools while they make their decision, and one of the two (which also happens to be a school I'm deciding between) has already emailed them with a decision deadline.

TYIA!
guys, i think this is the explanation for OP's dilemma...

Reactions: 1 user
guys, i think this is the explanation for OP's dilemma...
That post is from December, lots of time to come to a decision in 3 months

Reactions: 2 users
That post is from December, lots of time to come to a decision in 3 months
not saying OP didn't have time to decide, it's likely they are torn because they don't understand that the best option is the cheapest one...

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone!

TYIA!
Hey! I also received the decision email from 1 school on March 1st, and then I received another decision email on March 6th from a different school. I think some of the schools send them out at different times, but I would let the schools you don't wish to attend know before March 15th. I already let all of my schools know where I'm attending. It can take a few days to verify the withdrawal btw (one school took 4 days), and you want to make sure everything is cleared by March 15th. Make sure to ask for a confirmation email too, and check AADSAS. Then after verifying with the school of choice that they have everything they need.

Reactions: 1 users
OP: Did you check your spam folder?

We're busy, but the ADEA Annual Meeting is coming up, and most of us in admissions love to tell our peers how our class is already full by then.

Do it soon, or else you may find yourself with zero offers by the end of the month.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.