HCA Mission Hospital & TeamHealth Lawsuit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Groove

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

I can't remember if we had a thread on this yet or not. Good summary of the situation. Many hospital systems need to be taking note.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Love it.
Although the county, state, and FTC are also at fault here
Several not for profits put bids on purchasing, they chose the for profit…

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

I can't remember if we had a thread on this yet or not. Good summary of the situation. Many hospital systems need to be taking note.
They’re too big to fail so nothing will ultimately happen I’m afraid. Do we really think CMS will cut off the only major hospital in the region? Probably they’ll pay a big fine and then business as usual.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They’re too big to fail so nothing will ultimately happen I’m afraid. Do we really think CMS will cut off the only major hospital in the region? Probably they’ll pay a big fine and then business as usual.
Hopefully this lawsuit threatens HCA’s ownership of Mission.

I often wonder how different my career would have been if I hadn't stepped into the HCA Florida trap as a freshly minted attending.

Maaan.
You could have been a regional VP by now with an "HCA 4 Lyfe" tattoo on your derriere.

HCA and team health somehow managed to ruin an awesome hospital and ED quickly. I remember hearing about the Mission ED pre-team health/hca. It was seemingly a great place to work- the docs were engaged and provided outstanding care for the whole area. This will be a case study in business school one day about the many consequences of selling to the lowest (highest) bidder/CMG/for profit firm.

Reactions: 1 user
HCA and team health somehow managed to ruin an awesome hospital and ED quickly. I remember hearing about the Mission ED pre-team health/hca. It was seemingly a great place to work- the docs were engaged and provided outstanding care for the whole area. This will be a case study in business school one day about the many consequences of selling to the lowest (highest) bidder/CMG/for profit firm.

Hunh.

Every HCA shop that I've worked at here was once good, and then became an absolute dumpster fire after a few years as they became more focused on stepping over dollars to pick up pennies.