Health Policy and MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cincidoll

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was interested in an MPH with an ultimate goal of going into Health Policy. Does anyone know of any good joint programs? I'm extremely interested in GW but wasn't sure of the difference in the 1) MPH with Health Policy concentration or 2) the MS in Health Policy. I was interested in Child and Maternal Health or Reproductive Health if that helps.

Also, I wanted some feedback on some things. I've been working in various science research labs (academia and industry) for the past 4 years. I was in a Ph.D. program for biomedical science for roughly a year and decided it wasn't the path for me. How will this look? Will I look like a quitter? I have always been interested in health care and was premed in undergrad and volunteered and wanted an MPH but financial circumstances wouldn't allow it at the time. As I've gotten a few years older and seen first hand how health care affects people on the ground, I want to do something.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Since you've been in the lab for so long, it may be a good idea to volunteer or work in the healthcare field to gain some more recent health experience. If you explain yourself well in your personal statement, the schools will be receptive to your application. Your GRE score can also help you although I don't know if your previous score has already expired. I would also suggest looking into other MPH programs to see what else is out there. Good luck!