Hear anything from Maryland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jrub

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of people have been getting responses from various schools whether it be invitations or rejections. But I have yet to see anything about Maryland does anyone know whether they sent out invites, the last email I got from them was that my application was processed.

Members don't see this ad.

same here...I just got an email that my application has been processed and is being sent to the admission committee for review...but this was around end of July, so it has been a while since I heard from them

Anyone want to check last year's threads on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard that Maryland doesn't start reviewing apps until October.

i have not seen anything on maryland only reviewing in october

I've seen someone else say this as well but i'm not sure how true this is..
because my friend had an interview at maryland sometime in late september or early october (can't remember exactly) last year. unless she was lying to me.... lol

The last update I have from them was on 7/26 via AADSAS stating "received/under review". Maryland is one of those schools that emails you a supplemental application only if they're interested in interviewing you.
This directly off their site: "Candidates whose applications meet preliminary screening criteria will be invited to continue with the admissions process and will receive an invitation to complete the University of Maryland supplemental application. Upon receipt of the completed supplemental application, applicants advancing in the admissions process will be invited for an interview with members of the Committee on Dental Recruitment and Admissions."

got the supplementary application yesterday, has a lot of repetitive information from aadsas like schools and date of attendance, and a 1000 character essays on why you want to join the profession of dentistry

yes Maryland resident and 5th batch. they added something new on the supplemental... an optional 2 minute professional video clip of yourself

i just got this supplemental, is it only for in state?