Heard from Columbia yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vivs001

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard? Anyone else still waiting? I applied for the MPH program in epi....

Members don't see this ad.

hi
i applied for MPH in population and family health. no response yet

hopeful1 said:
hi
i applied for MPH in population and family health. no response yet

thanks. so are you getting worried, or do you think it's still early days?

Members don't see this ad :)
vivs001 said:
thanks. so are you getting worried, or do you think it's still early days?

i know they were still sending letters out at the end of last week, so i wouldn't worry about it yet.

skier06 said:
i know they were still sending letters out at the end of last week, so i wouldn't worry about it yet.

I got my letter today for the Urbanism track. I heard somewhere that Columbia is strong in urban studies. Can anyone tell me how true that is relative to other schools, or relate any personal experiences?

vivs001 said:
Anyone heard? Anyone else still waiting? I applied for the MPH program in epi....

i talked to one of the admissions reps on monday (the 13th) and they said that the epi department is particularly slow. he told me that it could be 2 or 3 more weeks before i hear anything, even though my app was completed on time. sooo i guess don't panic yet :)

skier06 said:
i talked to one of the admissions reps on monday (the 13th) and they said that the epi department is particularly slow. he told me that it could be 2 or 3 more weeks before i hear anything, even though my app was completed on time. sooo i guess don't panic yet :)

Does anyone know if this is the case for PhD programs as well at Columbia? I applied for the epi PhD program and still have not heard anything. It seems late to not have heard anything so I just assumed I was either rejected or on a waiting list.

I applied to Columbia Department of Sociomedical Sciences (SMS), Global Health track and was accepted about two weeks ago. Maybe the SMS department has a faster turnaround than other departments.

Now I'm trying to decide between studying at Columbia, Hopkins (MHS in International health), and Boston University (MPH in international health). Any thoughts? Anyone else applying for international health programs?

Sorry guys, I should have reported back sooner. I got my acceptance letter from Columbia (epi dept) on March 15 .

I already live in NYC and love it here, so it's a pretty easy decision for me... :D

YAY!!! :clap:

I applied Feb 2nd (Columbia's lenient on their deadline). The registrars office FWD my package to Epi dept by the 12th, and I heard about admission by a few days ago!! :hardy: :rolleyes:

SO I heard in 6 weeks.

anyone else still waiting?? I applied for MPH in epi adn I am very anxious to hear!!!

So I am also waiting to hear from Columbia (Epi) as well. I called the admissions office and they said that they review each application 3x and that they do it every Tuesday. Mine has only been reviewed 2x and they can't say which Tuesday it will be reviewed at. Apparently its either today, the 4th or the 11th. The secretary was nice but said all I can do is wait....ARG! :confused: Now I have to decide if I should send Yale that $350 dollar check or hope to God that I hear from Columbia before the deadline....

sos1582 said:
So I am also waiting to hear from Columbia (Epi) as well. I called the admissions office and they said that they review each application 3x and that they do it every Tuesday. Mine has only been reviewed 2x and they can't say which Tuesday it will be reviewed at. Apparently its either today, the 4th or the 11th. The secretary was nice but said all I can do is wait....ARG! :confused: Now I have to decide if I should send Yale that $350 dollar check or hope to God that I hear from Columbia before the deadline....

I just heard last week from Columbia's EHS department. That's a tiny department. Epid is much bigger and it seems to be taking longer. I visited yesterday cuz I can't make the student day and specifically spoke to the fin aid department. They JUST started putting those packages together too. I don't want to make a decision before I know if I get any fin aid..and as you know the deadlines are coming up....the fin aid guy told me to ask (Yale in this case too) for an extension on the decision IF I still don't hear about aid by the week of April 10th. He said that no school wants to lose a potential student and that they should be perfectly willing to wait a week on your y/n..and if they don't, do you really want to go there anyways! (Also don't get freaked out if Columbia won't tell you over the phone on acceptance..they can say when they mailed a letter..but won't say more) Good luck!

hi
got my letter on 22nd. pop and fam health. no fin aid so far. am an international student. does anyone know how can i go about looking for $$$$$?

heard good news from columbia mph epi week of march 15th. not that it means anything. just fyi. they said 6 to 8 week so i would think everyone will get decisions soon.

vivs001 said:
Sorry guys, I should have reported back sooner. I got my acceptance letter from Columbia (epi dept) on March 15 .

I already live in NYC and love it here, so it's a pretty easy decision for me... :D

Hi,
Sorry this is not regarding Columbia but SUNY albany MPH program. I have to choose between SUNY Albany and Univ of Massachusetts. Any suggestions, please let me know.

Prasad