Heard from everyone? How's it feel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DianaLynne

Catwoman!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have finally heard from the last school, it's all said and done. Now, the decision is in my hands! I have the power! Bwa ha ha ha ha! Now, the medical schools will quiver as they anxiously await MY decision about THEM. :smuggrin:

Now that the cows have come home and I've gotten over my rejections, I'm feeling pretty good. I feel very grateful and fortunate that I don't have to do that again! How does everyone else feel? Wanna cheer, moan, whine, sigh, whatever?

Members don't see this ad.

I am still waiting for one school, but I got two acceptances and I am pretty sure which I am going to keep. After almost a year of the agony it feels great just to know where I am going to be for the next four years! The sad part though is that when I got my first acceptance I should have been thinking "wow I'm going to be a doctor", but instead I was thinking "Wow I don't have to go through that horrible process again!!! " :p

i'm waiting for one more, which i'm almost positive will be a rejection. even if i get in there i'm probably not going to go because of the great deal i'm getting with my state school. so i'm kinda just waiting for the actual rejection, then it'll be official!

and i'm kinda weird and actually liked the whole process. i had fun flying all over and meeting so many awesome people. i also didn't mind all the essays; it was a good chance for me to practice my writing (i'm an engineer so i had lost all ability to write essays before having to do all my secondaries), learn about myself (as stupid as that sounds), and be forced into doing more research about the different schools. the only part i really hated was blowing all that damn money!

Members don't see this ad :)
DianaLynne said:
I have finally heard from the last school, it's all said and done. Now, the decision is in my hands! I have the power! Bwa ha ha ha ha! Now, the medical schools will quiver as they anxiously await MY decision about THEM. :smuggrin:

Now that the cows have come home and I've gotten over my rejections, I'm feeling pretty good. I feel very grateful and fortunate that I don't have to do that again! How does everyone else feel? Wanna cheer, moan, whine, sigh, whatever?

Congrats!!

Unfortunately, I'm on 5 waitlists. I have 2 acceptances, and I've decided on my favorite between the two. But I really like all 5 schools that I'm waitlisted at. So basically, I'm relieved that I've been accepted somewhere, but I'm still unsure of where the heck I'm going (which is kinda stressful). I don't think the game is over for me until July!

I'm also done with the process. 12 rejections, 1 acceptance, but hey, I'll be a doctor. It's very relieving to know where you're going to spend the next four years, and THANK GOD THIS HORRID PROCESS IS OVER. Finally I can relax and just enjoy college.

Congrats to all of you who are done with this horrible process! :)

I'm not there yet... Waiting on 3 schools post-sec (what a joke! :D ) and 2 schools post-interview.

But, I have been lucky enough to be accepted at a school I really like. So, it's all good and I don't care anymore. The stressful part is over for me!