Heard from ucsf recently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

castudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from ucsf recently? I interviewed on feb 21st and I'm starting to get very nervous...

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i think the adcom sends out acceptances once a month, and they will make final decisions soon (by end of march). so just hold tight..

Funny you should ask. This very morning I thought I was going to lose my mind...you know the process of waiting for any word: acceptance, rejection, waitlist, whatever- and watching it happen for everybody else. So, there was only one thing to do: email both Carmen and Ana. Carmen said the Adcom will make a final decision at the end of march/ early april.

Ana called me back and essentially said the same thing but with more encouragement (for which I was really grateful). I figure that even if I don't get in, which I really want more than ANYTHING right now, at least I saw for a moment inside the world of one of the best d-schools in the nation. I know it sounds cheesy, but I am dead serious. Corresponding with them has just really been a delight.

But still, I wish the adcom would kindly get a "move on" because I should probably be setting up housing in Ann Arbor, and can't bring myself to do it without a rejection from UCSF. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ana is such a sweet lady..

castudent said:
Has anyone heard from ucsf recently? I interviewed on feb 21st and I'm starting to get very nervous...

thanks!

I also interviewed on that day. I spoke to Bob MacKenzie and...I'll PM you.

Gulch said:
Funny you should ask. This very morning I thought I was going to lose my mind...you know the process of waiting for any word: acceptance, rejection, waitlist, whatever- and watching it happen for everybody else. So, there was only one thing to do: email both Carmen and Ana. Carmen said the Adcom will make a final decision at the end of march/ early april.

Ana called me back and essentially said the same thing but with more encouragement (for which I was really grateful). I figure that even if I don't get in, which I really want more than ANYTHING right now, at least I saw for a moment inside the world of one of the best d-schools in the nation. I know it sounds cheesy, but I am dead serious. Corresponding with them has just really been a delight.

But still, I wish the adcom would kindly get a "move on" because I should probably be setting up housing in Ann Arbor, and can't bring myself to do it without a rejection from UCSF. :)
I hope you'll get in. Give it another week or so. If I remember correctly, they'll meet again this Thursday. Good Luck.

Yup -- we were told during the interview that the Adcom would start making final decisions mid-March (at the earliest) and more likely around the end of March. The wait is just too intense for me! :luck: to everyone!

im with you guys on waiting. checking my voicemail 10 times a day, checking my email 10 times a day, checking this site to see if anyone got called. im obsessed! good luck

food4thots said:

she really is. for those of you still waiting, i think it'd be good to stay positive and be "aggressively" persistent, without being obnoxious. perhaps some people might think that their chances are slim b/c they interviewed late but if you show ana and carmen that you're staying positive and that you really want to go to ucsf that badly they'll take that into consideration. just a thought. gluck everyone.

kiggar4l2000 said:
she really is. for those of you still waiting, i think it'd be good to stay positive and be "aggressively" persistent, without being obnoxious. perhaps some people might think that their chances are slim b/c they interviewed late but if you show ana and carmen that you're staying positive and that you really want to go to ucsf that badly they'll take that into consideration. just a thought. gluck everyone.

i don't think ana or carmen has any say in the admissions process

food4thots said:

/agree I highly doubt they do

Yeah, I've been obsessively checking the UCSF status checker since its my top school and one of my few chances of being accepted into a dental school. I wish everyone luck and may we all be able to create a UCSF roll call thread or join an existing one with a big sigh of relief haha.

food4thots said:

100% agreed.

food4thots said:

Also true, she made that abundantly clear at my interview.

luder98 said:
I hope you'll get in. Give it another week or so. If I remember correctly, they'll meet again this Thursday. Good Luck.

Welcome to my list of cool people. I interviewed all the way back on Jan 23, so my hope isn't shiny bright anymore BUT it sounds like its not over until the end of this month so I'm gonna keep on hoping... :)

And out of both sincerity and hope for good kharma I would just like to once again congratulate everyone that has already been accepted to UCSF. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
whats the status checker? and mellow can i ask what ur stats are?

http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/webtools/

It was in the letter they send you after you pay the app fee I think. Not very up to date though. My stats are avg:

GPA 3.4, 20 TS/ 21 AA/ 23 PAT,
still waiting on lovely UCSF, BU, USC
Alt. List: Creighton, PITT, and Tufts
Goal: I just want to be accepted into the Cool Group!

Hope thats what you meant by stats.

mellowt said:
http://dentistry.ucsf.edu/webtools/

Goal: I just want to be accepted into the Cool Group!

lol. Don't worry mellowt. You're always welcom into my exclusive circle of super elite cool kids!!! But of course, in order to make your induction to the elite squad official you must create an account at Predents.com, then you will enjoy all the benefits of coolness. :D

I would join predent.com but too busy with finals and stressing over the application process. Gotta make some extra cash on the corner too, to pay for the apps fees I incurred. As for my undergrad... lets just say one of the UC's cause I dont want people to know my location and stalk me haha. :laugh:

havent heard anything yet! just waiting

FYI:
Latest news from the Dean:
69 students have been offered positions.
Mean GPA: 3.69 S-GPA: 3.66
Mean AA: 21.36 PAT: 19.97
The school received 1933 applications. That is 21% over last year.

jokerjoe12 said:
havent heard anything yet! just waiting

I wonder what percentage of those 69 accepted will actually attend. With just 11 spots actually still open, I have all but lost hope. But I still have just have a little hope in spite of dashed expectations.

Gulch said:
I wonder what percentage of those 69 accepted will actually attend. With just 11 spots actually still open, I have all but lost hope. But I still have just have a little hope in spite of dashed expectations.

Last year, UCSF sent out 150 acceptances to fill those 80 spots.

EyeAmCommi said:
Last year, UCSF sent out 150 acceptances to fill those 80 spots.

It was 137 provisional acceptances

I am sorry but I have eagerly accepted one of those 69 provisional acceptances! I do hope all of you guys get into UCSF though!

As stated above, to be able to sit at the cool people table you need to have a record at PreDents.com!

Good luck all and I hope to see you in Sep!