Help, Diagnose me please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vixen

I like members
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been vomiting since Thursday night....i have a cough and a little stuffed nose, but don't really have to go to the bathroom

It's the vomiting thats worrying me...basically I can't eat anything solid and even the popsicles I'm eating sometimes are coming back up

Anyone know what this could be?

Members don't see this ad.

vixen said:
I've been vomiting since Thursday night....i have a cough and a little stuffed nose, but don't really have to go to the bathroom

It's the vomiting thats worrying me...basically I can't eat anything solid and even the popsicles I'm eating sometimes are coming back up

Anyone know what this could be?

Well, it could be small bowel obstruction. Have someone else taste your vomit...if they remark that it tastes of feces, then I think we have a diagnosis!

It also could be bulimia, ebola, a brain tumor, or opiate withdrawal.

I cant think of anything else though.

(Seriously, solicitation of medical advice on here might be one of the more dangerous things one could ever do. I hope you go see a doctor for your problem, should it not get any better. Otherwise, some 3rd year students will be more than happy to diagnose your zebra).

I know im trying to make an appt w/my doctor for this week (and of course I have an interview tomorrow too)...i've asked some people in my family who are doc's and they said i really should go see my own doctor...but since its been 4 days now im a little panicked

i wouldnt take anything on here for gospel, just trying to hear anything...maybe something is going around like this?

Have someone else taste your vomit

Someone could also smell the vomit- it'll be a bit easier on the senses :p

I hope you feel better soon Vixen :)

if i eat something, i throw it up......if I eat nothing (like yesterday), then i just throw up water....it is kinda flemmy though

maybe i have some kind of respiratory infection or bad sinus infection? could that make someone throw up?

thanks daisygirl :)

this getting sick on top my upcoming wedding, our new house, graduating from school next month is making me crazy!

sounds like a classic case of syphillis to me :eek:

you know it is considered the "great masqurader (sp?)"

Goose

ps. im just kidding, in med school whenever we didnt know the answer to a question about a disease we would say, sounds like a classic case of syphillis to me, you know the bubbos and gummas and all that......I couldnt resist :cool:

And you call yourselves future physicians????? Two votes for Ebola, yet no one has picked up on our pt's likely excursion through the northern, rural confines of Angola! Marburg it is. You have about 2-4 days left. Make 'em count!

vixen said:
this getting sick on top my upcoming wedding, our new house, graduating from school next month is making me crazy!

Bingo

Goose...Fraba said:
sounds like a classic case of syphillis to me :eek:

you know it is considered the "great masqurader (sp?)"

Goose

ps. im just kidding, in med school whenever we didnt know the answer to a question about a disease we would say, sounds like a classic case of syphillis to me, you know the bubbos and gummas and all that......I couldnt resist :cool:

Thats a good one but w/o explination till later

um, when was your last menstrual period?

no.....well, still kind sounds like syphillis to me, ebola... maybe, definately not gastroenteritis.

Goose

Well I just came back from the dr

she prescribed me compazine but in a suppository (YECH!!!)

I hope this works...my eyes are bloodshot from throwing up so much

and I'm almost dehydrated...its hard to stay hydrated when I keep throwing up!

I hope you're beginning to feel better.

I'm not going to make any guesses about what you have; I just wanted to point out an interesting phenomenon I've noticed here.

When someone asks for medical advice on SDN the usual response ranges between "It could be ___, but you really ought to see your doctor." and "You are such a f*ck!ng IDIOT for even asking that on here!" And that is from a chorus of med students and doctors. However, any time legal advice is solicited (and sometimes without being solicited) many people let fly with all kinds of authoritative-sounding statements as if they were all Johnny Cochrane’s predecessor. Now, I agree that SDN isn't a great place to turn for an H&P, but why are a bunch of docs & MD's 2B so happy to give legal advice yet so unwilling to give medical advice here? It just seems a bit incongruous to me.

WilcoWorld said:
I hope you're beginning to feel better.

I'm not going to make any guesses about what you have; I just wanted to point out an interesting phenomenon I've noticed here.

When someone asks for medical advice on SDN the usual response ranges between "It could be ___, but you really ought to see your doctor." and "You are such a f*ck!ng IDIOT for even asking that on here!" And that is from a chorus of med students and doctors. However, any time legal advice is solicited (and sometimes without being solicited) many people let fly with all kinds of authoritative-sounding statements as if they were all Johnny Cochrane’s predecessor. Now, I agree that SDN isn't a great place to turn for an H&P, but why are a bunch of docs & MD's 2B so happy to give legal advice yet so unwilling to give medical advice here? It just seems a bit incongruous to me.

cause if you want medical advice, you should come into the office and pay us ;)

that, and we don't want to get sued...

besides, anybody can practice law! i mean, i have been to traffic court, so i pretty much understand it all.

vixen said:

The suppository is a little diagnostic maneuver. If you're not sick enough to use the suppository, you just ain't sick.

And if you're not hungover enough to start your own IV without flinching, you just ain't hungover.

'zilla

WilcoWorld said:
*snip*
Now, I agree that SDN isn't a great place to turn for an H&P, but why are a bunch of docs & MD's 2B so happy to give legal advice yet so unwilling to give medical advice here?

Because someone might mistake our medical opinion as one from someone who knows what they're doing.

Everyone knows that we don't know sh#t about law. ;)

'zilla

vixen said:

I hope this works...my eyes are bloodshot from throwing up so much

and I'm almost dehydrated...its hard to stay hydrated when I keep throwing up!

Well, if you can't keep anything down, it makes sense to give you a suppository.

And if you use the Compazine you should stop throwing up and be able to tolerate some fluids, IMHO.

How about you get a clue and go see YOUR doctor or go to an Urgent care center so that you can be seen in person and get a proper diagnosis.

Stop trying to get information from a website. As you can see, stupid questions on the web get studpid answeres.

GO TO AN URGENT CARE IF YOU HAVE A SERIOUS CONCERN.

Gastroenteritis. Take the suppository, drink some fluids. If you keep throwing up consider going to the ED for IVF.