Help figuring out timeline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheCzechShrek

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Had a meeting with one of my school's advisors to ask for various dates when admissions for PodSchool opens up but she wasn't much help (She was new and hasn't handled a PrePod student before, I will be seeing her again soon, was told she will look into it and meet up again once she finds out).

On the AACPM site I found this quote..."AACPMAS begins processing admission applications the first Wednesday in August each year for Fall admission the following year (in the AACPM Fall2015/2016 info book it states "for the upcoming year" here). Deadline Dates are as follows: For priority consideration April 1st of each year for the upcoming Fall admission. The final application deadline date is June 30th of each year for Fall admission of the same year."

Really I'm just looking for some clarification for the above, so say the goal is to begin podiatry school Fall of 2017, does that mean one needs to send their application in beginning April of 2017 as well? Or to begin podiatry school in Fall 2017 means i need to apply in April 2016?

Thanks for any help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Had a meeting with one of my school's advisors to ask for various dates when admissions for PodSchool opens up but she wasn't much help (She was new and hasn't handled a PrePod student before, I will be seeing her again soon, was told she will look into it and meet up again once she finds out).

On the AACPM site I found this quote..."AACPMAS begins processing admission applications the first Wednesday in August each year for Fall admission the following year (in the AACPM Fall2015/2016 info book it states "for the upcoming year" here). Deadline Dates are as follows: For priority consideration April 1st of each year for the upcoming Fall admission. The final application deadline date is June 30th of each year for Fall admission of the same year."

Really I'm just looking for some clarification for the above, so say the goal is to begin podiatry school Fall of 2017, does that mean one needs to send their application in beginning April of 2017 as well? Or to begin podiatry school in Fall 2017 means i need to apply in April 2016?

Thanks for any help! :)
The cycle for podiatry school opens in August of the year prior to matriculation. So for me, I have just finished sending in my application for next years class that starts in August of 2016. If you're interested in pod school for 2017, you would be able to send in your application starting in August of 2016 and have until, reasonably, Spring 2017 to get it all in.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 user