Help finding pediatric rotation, please...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seven_Years_Later

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings everyone! Simple question here...
I am a 4th year DO student, I still need 4 weeks of pediatrics to graduate. I am looking for a place large enough to allow both myself and a fellow student to rotate at the same time. It's 'supposed' to be inpatient, but that isn't a big deal. Does anyone have any advice about where to find this? We can travel pretty much anywhere.

This part will get me flamed, I am sure, but...
Neither myself nor the other student are interested in peds at all, in fact we both hate it. We would ideally find an ER setting where we can do a lot of shifts fast, and then be done, or a rotation where you are not very busy. I know that will upset some folks, and I am sorry. I don't mean to be offensive, just being honest. I really appreciate any advice on where to look. For what it's worth, the dates we need are 4/18/16 to 5/13/16.

Thanks everyone, and kindest regards.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't even know where to start... ☹️

im confused. why do YOU need to find a pediatric location. Why doesn't your school do that?

im confused. why do YOU need to find a pediatric location. Why doesn't your school do that?

Because he goes to a do school. It's very common for their students to set up their own rotations which is unheard of for us.