Help! Major problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LilyBrunes

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My test is tomorrow, but it is about 2 hours away from where I live and my car broke down this morning so I have zero way of getting there. I tried to reschedule online, but it says it is past the deadline and I have read that people were able to call and have it rescheduled the day before the test but ADA is not open today. There's an online chat with the prometric website that says it is available from 11-3 pm but it still says it is unavailable right now.

My questions is 1)does anyone know any way to contact them on a Sunday
and 2) what happens if pay 100 dollars to cancel the test. Will I have to wait 3 months to take the test again?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it's possible for you to reschedule anymore - you need to call at least one business day before the test, and the weekends/holidays don't count as business days, which means you would have needed to call on Friday at the latest.

If you're willing to spend $100 to reschedule but legitimately want to take the test, why not use that money to get a taxi have a friend take you instead? As for the second question, the first time I registered I didn't end up taking the test so my ticket expired and I had to go through the process again but I don't think I needed to wait 90 days since I hasn't actually taken the DAT. But be aware getting a new testing date is probably not going to be soon, since Prometric testing centers typically get filled up for dates at least a month in advance.

I've been asking around to see if a friend could and I've called two taxi companies and both said they wouldn't go that far. I'm thinking I'm just going to have to cancel the test, do you know if I will have to wait 90 days to take it?

Members don't see this ad :)
My test is tomorrow at 8am. And honestly I was iffy about taking it tomorrow in the first place and if this isn't a sign then I don't know what is.

I'm not great with cars but I was told that I had an oil leak and it would cost 1500 dollars to get it fixed. I haven't been working much because I've been studying for the DAT so I put off fixing it until after I took the DAT and was able to work more. I've been filling up the oil every week because that's about how long it takes before a good about of oil has leaked out. Anyway my car just stopped working while I was driving today and I think that might have to do with the oil because there was a lot of oil on the ground. I had it towed to a shop and haven't really wanted to deal with it until I figured out my DAT situation.

In case anyone is in the same situation and is searching the forums for an answer, this is what happened. I couldn't reschedule last minute but I canceled my appointment and paid the 100 dollar fee. I was able to make a brand new appointment today using the same eligibility ID without paying for another test. So if you can't reschedule, see if you could cancel and pay the fee.

Reactions: 1 user