Help me in 1st time application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fulgent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all... I'm new to this forum. I need the help from all of you in writing the application form. The questions are..

Reasons for applying for medicine
Please state why you wish to apply for medicine. Selectors will be interested in evidence of your motivation and commitment to medicine, as well as how you perceive a medical career. A maximum of 600 words is permitted for this section​

:idea:
&

Relevant Experience
Please include details of any relevant experience you may have. You should include details of voluntary work, work experience/shadowing and anything else that you consider to be relevant to a future career in medicine. A maximum of 300 words is permitted for this section​

Any idea what to write for those bold-printed words above?...some kind of format to make it distinct from others' applications? Thanks. :D ..

Members don't see this ad.

here's some advice: write your own essay. If you don't know why you want to go to medical school, then don't apply.

I think the previous response is a little bit harsh, but seriously, we don't know anything about your experiences. And your motivations are your own, no one else's.

Members don't see this ad :)
i want to become a doctor because then i can buy lots of cake and eat it in my closet

doc05 said:
here's some advice: write your own essay. If you don't know why you want to go to medical school, then don't apply.

i've gotta agree with doc05. This is something you need to come up with on your own. I know it might be tough to articulate all your reasons, but just sit down for a while and brainstorm. Think about why you really want to be a doctor, what activities you love, what your dream job is, etc. And then hopefully you'll see some connections between your thoughts.

Actually, the relevant experience essay should be a piece of cake. Write that one first.

Turkeyman said:
i want to become a doctor because then i can buy lots of cake and eat it in my closet

:laugh:

fulgent said:
hi all... I'm new to this forum. I need the help from all of you in writing the application form. The questions are..

Reasons for applying for medicine
Please state why you wish to apply for medicine. Selectors will be interested in evidence of your motivation and commitment to medicine, as well as how you perceive a medical career. A maximum of 600 words is permitted for this section​

&

Relevant Experience
Please include details of any relevant experience you may have. You should include details of voluntary work, work experience/shadowing and anything else that you consider to be relevant to a future career in medicine. A maximum of 300 words is permitted for this section​

Any idea what to write for those bold-printed words above?...some kind of format to make it distinct from others' applications? Thanks. :D ..
you want us to do ALL the work????
WTH...this is a angry forum...go away freeloader
if you like however you may write something and PM it to me for editing.

i like this Turkeyman kids...is he/she new?

Tell them your parents want you to do it and that you really dont have any relevant experience, but it doesn't matter because you'll handle it when you get to it.

At least come up with some of your own ideas before asking for help.

This thread didn't need a unanimous vote from five responders all saying the same thing in varied degrees of harshness. I think the OP realizes that he needs to write his own essay. Perhaps in his badly worded way, he really meant us to provide ideas on essay format, themes etc. Who knows? Perhaps the OP could speak to this suggestion. Otherwise, the thread should be shut down. No need to have everyone on SDN rephrasing each other in self-important ways.

GuyLaroche said:
This thread didn't need a unanimous vote from five responders all saying the same thing in varied degrees of harshness. I think the OP realizes that he needs to write his own essay. Perhaps in his badly worded way, he really meant us to provide ideas on essay format, themes etc. Who knows? Perhaps the OP could speak to this suggestion. Otherwise, the thread should be shut down. No need to have everyone on SDN rephrasing each other in self-important ways.
I don't think that five different people needed to respond to the OP either. It really was unnecessary. Probably this poor guy just didn't phrase things the correct way and everyone on SDN decided to come in with a reverberating repetition of the same sentences. Probably the thread should be closed. There's no need for self-righteous repetition.

dopaminophile said:
I don't think that five different people needed to respond to the OP either. It really was unnecessary. Probably this poor guy just didn't phrase things the correct way and everyone on SDN decided to come in with a reverberating repetition of the same sentences. Probably the thread should be closed. There's no need for self-righteous repetition.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: