Help! Need answers about admittance because of past.

aspiring1333

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was arrested on a "domestic violence" accusation as a juvenile. I did not hit or punch or physically harm anyone. Therefore they did not convict me of the crime or anything. I was released on an informal adjustment where I had to complete 2 anger management classes and after 6 months that was it nothing else happened. Should I not be admitted to medical school because of this? It was sealed so I don't believe any way can it be pulled up on a background check. So my three questions are? Can this be found on a background check? Should I disclose this information? And would you believe this would stop me from being admitted to medical school or licensed as a doctor?

Members don't see this ad.

I sat in as a student interviewer in my med school while I was still a second year student. I believe there is a section asking you to disclose that type of information, followed with a written explanation. However from my experience, admittance into med school can be a very biased process which may be good or bad. If you explain the situation in an interview, you may get some interviewers who completely understand and others who see you as unreliable. My honest opinion would be not to disclose anything if it happened before age 18 and is sealed. if for some reason someone happened to find out about it, they will question you and you can explain the situation then. if they ask why you lied, simply state that you were unaware the this information was still on your record given that you were a minor and that you no longer were required to report it. I do not know if it shows up on a background check but you could always pay for one yourself online to find out.