help needed with advanced credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meerkat111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I quit at a super malignant residency and now restarting PGY I at a different program (Thank God!). The malignant program is in the habit of giving residents bad evals, esp. during the internship year. I think it is their way to make sure no one leaves (yet 2 residents leave yearly). The residents at the malignant residency rated evals by the faculty very unfair consistently, year after year in the ACGME surveys. My question is- should I bother to try and transfer credits from the malignant residency? I do not trust the PD one bit and I believe this will involve getting the evals from that program (I stopped reading them after 3 months so, I don't even know what kind of *&%$ is in them). But, I passed all the rotations. I don't think it is common practice for other residencies to give residents intentional, harsh evals. I am concerned about how these may look to my new PD.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are worried about it, don't bother trying to get credits. Just start over and use that extra year to enhance your training for future practice.

Thank you so much, I have already told the new program that I will not be requesting the transfer and they did not seem to mind. Sometimes I think about the > 6 months I put into it but I don't think it will hurt to repeat the training. You both confirmed my thoughts. I appreciate it!