HELP! PLease

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful023

...hopeless romantic...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.17 Undergrad
3.6 Masters

LOW April 2005 MCAT 24M V:7 P:7 B: 10
I freaked out in the morning of the exam and well you can see by my scores.

I had the same question whether or not I should even apply this application cycle... I'm retaking the Aug test but I'm just worried my apps will be too late therefore lowering my chances of getting a secondary...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

are you fixed on MD schools? what about DO? you might have a chance there. you might want to work really hard on the august mcat and then wait to apply NEXT cycle...that way you will be earlier than the april mcat'ers. if your undergrad gpa were stronger, a 24 might have been balanced out, but as is, i think waiting a bit might be sound.

Submit your amcas now and retake the MCAT in Aug. If you submit your amcas now, it takes about 2-4 weeks for AAMC to verify your grades. Once your application has gone through the initial verification, it take 2-3 days to add a school. So, after you get your scores in Oct, you can still add schools without being "too late".

Some...(actually most) schools automatically grant secondaries. If you apply to those schools, the aug mcat will not lower your chances of getting a secondary. I took the aug 04 mcat, and did not submit a single secondary until late sept. I got into 5 medical schools and interviewed at 13.

MDhopeful023 said:
3.17 Undergrad
3.6 Masters

LOW April 2005 MCAT 24M V:7 P:7 B: 10
I freaked out in the morning of the exam and well you can see by my scores.

I had the same question whether or not I should even apply this application cycle... I'm retaking the Aug test but I'm just worried my apps will be too late therefore lowering my chances of getting a secondary...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

sdnstud said:
Submit your amcas now and retake the MCAT in Aug. If you submit your amcas now, it takes about 2-4 weeks for AAMC to verify your grades. Once your application has gone through the initial verification, it take 2-3 days to add a school. So, after you get your scores in Oct, you can still add schools without being "too late".

Some...(actually most) schools automatically grant secondaries. If you apply to those schools, the aug mcat will not lower your chances of getting a secondary. I took the aug 04 mcat, and did not submit a single secondary until late sept. I got into 5 medical schools and interviewed at 13.

I was just wondering if with my scores they would outright reject me before seeing my August test results.... I have been considering DO for a while but I'm not sure if I'm competitive enough to be looked at either...??

What do you think???

Thanks again for the advice