Help Please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KiTmAn

Kit
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay. I am graduating in August 2005, I have taken my MCAT past august in 2004 and recieved a low 23 on it. However I bucked up studied extremely hard for it from january 05 to april for the past april mcat. I studied the following items: Kaplan review books, Flash cards, 2 Kaplan practice Exams, AAMC practice exams 3,4,5,6, and 7. I went into the actual thing feeling preety good and I recieved my score today and got a even lower 20....I have no idea what went wrong??
Now, that I have already taken it twice...I plan on enrolling in an actual Kaplan course starting the 25th of this month and getting ready for one last time in august to get a decent score of atleast a 29...Does this sound legitimate? Please Help!!

Members don't see this ad.

don't don't DON'T take that test again until you are consistently getting 30s on your practice tests, you can't afford another low score. even if you have to put it off for a year (which i recommend) - if you rush it you are most likely going to do poorly again. better to take your time and do it right then keep rushing bad scores. you CAN do it, you just need adequate time and prep. kaplan is good, i went from a 20 (diag) to a 31 with them with a ****load of hard work. good luck! :luck:

thanks for the great suggestions...however, would u think it would be good that the material is still kinda fresh in my head...and I am going to take kaplan these two mnths prior to aug mcat..so i should be prepared completely correct?

KiTmAn said:
thanks for the great suggestions...however, would u think it would be good that the material is still kinda fresh in my head...and I am going to take kaplan these two mnths prior to aug mcat..so i should be prepared completely correct?

no!!! you've had two bad runs with the test...i would give yourself a year or so to study...is there any way you can take kaplan during a different session? and study on your own also. this will be your third time taking the test, so you really need to be careful...squeezing in such a major point improvement within 2 months seems very very risky

just my 2 cents

g'luck!

yeah take the 2 semester long class. the condensed ones go too fast.