Help plz

hollahollaboy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello i just sent my dual enrollment form for my local cc. Is general chemistry 1 and lab hard for a sophomore in high school. I'm a freshman right now.The only pre req was a C or greater in regular high school chemistry and I probably have a A in the class. Should I take it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello i just sent my dual enrollment form for my local cc. Is general chemistry 1 and lab hard for a sophomore in high school. I'm a freshman right now.The only pre req was a C or greater in regular high school chemistry and I probably have a A in the class. Should I take it?
I'd suggest looking in the hSDN section, as you'll find more people familiar with HS students.
Gen chem is not that hard, but I'm not sure that it benefits you much (or at all) to do it at a CC now rather than waiting until you get into college first. :shrug: In the end it probably doesn't matter much as far as med schools go, might matter for college apps. As I said, I'd try hSDN.

You will have to study more than you did for high school chemistry. It will be more difficult, but it is definitely doable.

Somewhat related, but don't forget to have fun in high school. I know quite a few people who regret the decision to go to CC before they were done with HS years. They missed out on sports, activities, and social relationships (etc.) they otherwise would have had. With that said, it's hard to pass up free college-- if that's how your program works.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've talked about it on here before but dual enrollment is a tough choice. I would generally advise against taking dual enrollment. It's not worth the saved money, I've seen too many kids either A) lose the entire high school experience including friends B) become depressed and have a dangerously low GPA C) Take the classes like a high school class and get poor scores on tests. This is a lifetime decision to join a dual enrollment course and often before the age of 16 you aren't fully able to comprehend as much of your future as you would three or four years from now. This is true no matter how well you think you can do. Your ventromedial prefrontal cortex hasn't developed to form a solid foundation of long term decision making. I don't know if you're trolling but I'm going to assume you aren't, and take your HS chem physics and bio. Think of it like this: you'll be getting all of the knowledge of entry level sciences; without the grades of college. It's a pre round for college sciences. And this way you'll get guaranteed A's for easy first year college courses. I also recommend joining college at the usual age of 18 because of the EC opportunities and research opportunities that are only open for 18+ year olds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user