Help Prepare for Dental School - Biology Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shadowwalker

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am posting this thread in here since I am seeking for advice of Biology Courses.
In general, I am a sophomore at university.
I am planing to taking the followings courses and I need some pieces of advice for them.
1. For the following labs, which one is the most interesting and easiest one compared to the others: ( I need to pick one course)
Microbiology Lab (1), Animal Biology Lab (1), and Genetic Lab (1)

2. I need to pick 5 courses out of the following. Could you help me pick them with 2 purposes, 1st is easy courses and 2nd is courses support most in dental school.
Developmental Biology (4), Immunology (4), Cell Physiology (4), Microbial Pathogenesis (4), Functional histology (4), Medical Neuroanatomy (4), Virology, (4),

I truly appreciate for your inputs as your advice. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

I am posting this thread in here since I am seeking for advice of Biology Courses.
In general, I am a sophomore at university.
I am planing to taking the followings courses and I need some pieces of advice for them.
1. For the following labs, which one is the most interesting and easiest one compared to the others: ( I need to pick one course)
Microbiology Lab (1), Animal Biology Lab (1), and Genetic Lab (1)

2. I need to pick 5 courses out of the following. Could you help me pick them with 2 purposes, 1st is easy courses and 2nd is courses support most in dental school.
Developmental Biology (4), Immunology (4), Cell Physiology (4), Microbial Pathogenesis (4), Functional histology (4), Medical Neuroanatomy (4), Virology, (4),

I truly appreciate for your inputs as your advice. Thank you.
1. The most applicable to dental school and also required by several schools?hands down, microbiology.

2. There are several things to consider in choosing a course here. Developmental biology may serve you well in preparing you for some parts of the DAT but has little relation to dental school compared to some of the other choices. Immunology/virology are two similar courses that are very comprehensive and difficult classes that will have some correlation to dental school (also an immunology question bank on DAT). Microbial path would be overkill if you were to follow my advice with microbiology. I do not have any experience with an undergrad histology course to give you my judgement on that. The neuroanatomy class would be the most applicable class in my opinion assuming it covers all aspects of the head. It will also likely be the most difficult class listed because of the complexity of the head/brain. It will give you an advanced opportunity to see things for the first time, because I can guarantee you will take several neurology/neuroanatomy courses in dental school. It is also a recommended course at several schools and doing well will put you in a very good position in front of an admissions committee. I hope this helps in making a decision.

Good luck

Reactions: 1 user