Help Rec letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ki-100

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help I stored all my rec letters through my school storing system file. They said they only can submit rec letter for MD DO Dental pharm.......etc but not podiatry. I wonder where you guys save your rec letters for Podiatry school. I might ask them tomorrow maybe to transfer all my rec letter to interfolio. Please help me I do not want to lose all my letters!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it a pre-med office? They can't withhold your letters, irrespective of the programs you're/will apply to (ask them again if they still say no, speak with the dean of that department).

Most of us had the letters sent to interfolio.

Is it a pre-med office? They can't withhold your letters, irrespective of the programs you're/will apply to (ask them again if they still say no, speak with the dean of that department).

Most of us had the letters sent to interfolio.
I was thinking if they cannot do it maybe told them to send all my rec letters to interfolio then I use interfolio to submit it to podiatry system. I hope this will work out. I plan to ask them tomorrow then I see what happen and post back here for more help. Thank you for answering my question so fast.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking if they cannot do it maybe told them to send all my rec letters to interfolio then I use interfolio to submit it to podiatry system. I hope this will work out. I plan to ask them tomorrow then I see what happen and post back here for more help. Thank you for answering my question so fast.
Definitely talk to the dean. I don’t know how long ago these letters were written, but you could also just resend some of your recommenders a Interfolio link to get them all there if they still have copies of your letters. It is still pretty early on in the application cycle so I wouldn’t get too worried.
You only really need 2 letters plus a DPM letter. Many of the schools will accept a DPM letter mailed to the school or even brought with you to the interview.

Unless this has changed in the last month, interfolio cannot upload your letters to AACPMAS. I wanted to do the same thing cause I had my letters saved to interfolio but AACPMAS requires the "letter writer" to answer a ranking questionnaire and interfolio are not allowed to answer any of those questions...

So what I did, was I had interfolio physically mailed my letter / emailed my letters to the schools that accepted them via those methods. Kent accepted mails and NYCPM accepted them via email all through interfolio.

I think other schools accepted them via those methods too. Check the site.

I am not too sure if the policies changed for AACPMAS, but last year, I did not upload them directly to the application server. Each of my schools had an interfolio setup with their universities so I sent them directly to the schools. Search up for example “NYCPM” and you will see new york college of podiatric medicine. I believe all the schools have it set up. Contact the school as well to see if they changed their specific policies. All of my schools accepted my letters this way last year.

Definitely talk to the dean. I don’t know how long ago these letters were written, but you could also just resend some of your recommenders a Interfolio link to get them all there if they still have copies of your letters. It is still pretty early on in the application cycle so I wouldn’t get too worried.
You only really need 2 letters plus a DPM letter. Many of the schools will accept a DPM letter mailed to the school or even brought with you to the interview.
Less than 1yrs for some and one of the oldest is 2 yrs.

Less than 1yrs for some and one of the oldest is 2 yrs.
Depending on the schools you are applying to, some are able to be done through Interfolio. I just checked and NYCPM, Scholl, KSUCPM, Temple, and Western allow interfolio still through the interfolio website.

Unless this has changed in the last month, interfolio cannot upload your letters to AACPMAS. I wanted to do the same thing cause I had my letters saved to interfolio but AACPMAS requires the "letter writer" to answer a ranking questionnaire and interfolio are not allowed to answer any of those questions...

So what I did, was I had interfolio physically mailed my letter / emailed my letters to the schools that accepted them via those methods. Kent accepted mails and NYCPM accepted them via email all through interfolio.

I think other schools accepted them via those methods too. Check the site.
Thanks maybe I can just ask my undergrad school to send them directly to each school. They said they cannot submit through the AACPMAS, but they didn't say I cannot submit them directly to school.

I am not too sure if the policies changed for AACPMAS, but last year, I did not upload them directly to the application server. Each of my schools had an interfolio setup with their universities so I sent them directly to the schools. Search up for example “NYCPM” and you will see new york college of podiatric medicine. I believe all the schools have it set up. Contact the school as well to see if they changed their specific policies. All of my schools accepted my letters this way last year.
Thank maybe I can ask my school to directly send them to podiatry school without upload it through AACPMAS.

I still don’t understand why they cannot send them to AACPMAS. It is like keeping your letters hostage. Can’t they just send them a packet of letters with your AACPMAS id number page in it? Kind of like what they do with your transcript.

Depending on the schools you are applying to, some are able to be done through Interfolio. I just checked and NYCPM, Scholl, KSUCPM, Temple, and Western allow interfolio still through the interfolio website.
Thank, I feel try to call some of the school and see how it go.

According to https://www.aacpm.org/becoming-a-podiatric-physician/admissions/

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 11.40.36 PM.png

I still don’t understand why they cannot send them to AACPMAS. It is like keeping your letters hostage. Can’t they just send them a packet of letters with your AACPMAS id number page in it? Kind of like what they do with your transcript.

In order for the letters to be uploaded to an application, AACPMAS requires the letter "writer" to fill out a questionnaire such as, "How long have you known the applicant?" what you would rate the applicant's work ethic? etc. So interfolio can't fill that out on the writer's behalf. That is what preventing interfolio to submit them directly to AACPMAS. But interfolio can send them directly to the school, bypassing the weird questionaires that AACPMAS has in place.

In order for the letters to be uploaded to an application, AACPMAS requires the letter "writer" to fill out a questionnaire such as, "How long have you known the applicant?" what you would rate the applicant's work ethic?
I asked AACPMAS if my prehealth office can upload all the letters they had on my file and they said yes but pod schools might not accept it. I went ahead and sent the request to prehealth and they uploaded the letters. It worked out just fine. I don't see why OPs school wound't send letters to pod schools.

But I agree that interfolio can't send the letters to AACPMAS (it wouldn't make sense anyway). I highly doubt any prehealth office would send letters to interfolio. Mine only sends letters to admissions offices of dental, medical optometry, podiatry, veterinary schools, and postbaccalaureate enrichment programs.

Last edited:
In order for the letters to be uploaded to an application, AACPMAS requires the letter "writer" to fill out a questionnaire such as, "How long have you known the applicant?" what you would rate the applicant's work ethic? etc. So interfolio can't fill that out on the writer's behalf. That is what preventing interfolio to submit them directly to AACPMAS. But interfolio can send them directly to the school, bypassing the weird questionaires that AACPMAS has in place.
There was a way to do it. I did it. There were special instructions for that. I was able to upload it to AACPMAS, but it was about 2 years ago.