Help selecting schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctorstudent555

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help! I am very overwhelmed by the shiny websites. The schools all seem to try look equally perfect... a bit about me:

Stats:
520+ MCAT 3.9+ GPA

ECs: President of a club, officer positions in some pre health clubs

Research: no publications or anything

Clinical: Weaker

Interests: I also want to take classes in broader interests (i.e. Spanish) and have designated time in the curriculum for research and volunteering.

Based off these interests and my ehh clinical experience, any suggestions on schools? I need help expanding my list and applying to some schools with more friendly acceptance rates (right now the schools on my list have some fierce competition). Also- can I get a scholarship at any of these private schools for my MCAT?

PM me if you want MCAT tips or anything!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is the school specific forum for discussing questions relating tp individual schools. The What Are My Chances forum is where you need to post this to get help with your school list.

And congrats on the awesome MCAT!

Edit: mods moved it now

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Look at the Top 20 list, pick all of them. Throw in your state schools, Texas schools if you want, and any mid-tier you like that takes OOS students.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You're still fairly competitive anywhere, so apply anywhere you see yourself being happy going!

We have somewhat similar stats (521, 3.9; I had plenty of clinical experience but no research). I applied to 16 schools last cycle (picked from the top 20-30 plus my state school), interviewed at 8 and was accepted at 6. My acceptances included schools that I assumed would drop me for lack of research.

Moral of the story-- don't discredit your own app and let the schools decide whether they're ok with your amount of clinical experience.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Can I edit this post? Worried it had too much specific information about me.