Help Wanted - Intern - Philadelphia Market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Old Timer

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys:

Anyone going to Temple, USP or Jefferson and looking for an intern position, please let me know via PM only. Experience is not required. This is a very busy pharmacy. You will learn a great deal and if you are good, you will be at the head of the job line when you graduate. I await your response.

Members don't see this ad.

Ughh... I'm starting on Jefferson this Fall and would have love this opportunity if I didn't get a job offer from hospital recently. Philly is so saturated it's hard to find a decent intern position. This is really a good opportunity

Members don't see this ad :)
Ughh... I'm starting on Jefferson this Fall and would have love this opportunity if I didn't get a job offer from hospital recently. Philly is so saturated it's hard to find a decent intern position. This is really a good opportunity
how did you get hospital internship as incoming freshman??

how did you get hospital internship as incoming freshman??
I kept applying and did my interviews in couple places, got employment offer from two hospitals, one as a tech and other as an intern. I ended up choosing local community hospital intern job.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you looking for anyone this fall? I know it is a year later but figured it would not hurt to ask.

Are you looking for anyone this fall? I know it is a year later but figured it would not hurt to ask.

Yes:

I always have 4 interns, one from each year, I just graduated an intern and I am looking for an incoming P1. Please send me a PM with your phone # and I'll call you...

Why not use avenues of communication actually directed at these few schools / the area?

Just sent you my CV, btw. I work hard and have one hell of a handshake! How much will I get paid?

Why not use avenues of communication actually directed at these few schools / the area?
Just sent you my CV, btw. I work hard and have one hell of a handshake! How much will I get paid?

Maybe because he's had good luck with the go-getters on SDN in the past, rather than taking his chances on the general student population.

BTW Guilded Age (if that is your real name...), if you are really a pharmacist, why not hit him up for a pharmacist job, rather than an intern job?

Maybe because he's had good luck with the go-getters on SDN in the past, rather than taking his chances on the general student population.

BTW Guilded Age (if that is your real name...), if you are really a pharmacist, why not hit him up for a pharmacist job, rather than an intern job?

That's a very fair point. The background check and personality test we have to take to make a SDN account definitely would help one find the best candidates. We're the very best our profession can offer here.

And I'm so desperate and hungry that I'm willing to take an intern job. I included a headshot with my CV as well, I'd be willing to act in any sort of musical or (preferably) stage play too, Old Timer.

Members don't see this ad :)

Because the schools do not offer access to the incoming class until school starts at the end of August and I am always looking to be ahead of the game....

I have found many people on SDN. I got WVU2007 his job or at least a shot at his job. He head to impress my boss. One of the staff pharmacists at our busiest store came from SDN, so I have had good luck in the past.

Because the schools do not offer access to the incoming class until school starts at the end of August and I am always looking to be ahead of the game....

Well here I am! You throw me a number, add 10% to it, and I'm your guy. I'll view you as another father figure in my life.

I have found many people on SDN. I got WVU2007 his job or at least a shot at his job. He head to impress my boss. One of the staff pharmacists at our busiest store came from SDN, so I have had good luck in the past.

Any connections that can lead to a hospital clinical job?

Well here I am! You throw me a number, add 10% to it, and I'm your guy. I'll view you as another father figure in my life.
I think it would be great to work with OT, even if just for a few months. He's always got a well-thought out answer for just about anything that comes up. I would totally have him as a pharmacy-father.

There is a job at Einstein and one at Penn. I have less than no influence however. sorry....

Thanks for letting me know. Penn didn't hire me the last time I applied, and Einstein sounds good, but I'm a bit discouraged to apply and pay for flights when I'm not even getting these jobs (interviewed for a position in April, only to be rejected). Seems like the only way to get into any of these hospitals nowadays is to know someone who works there, and apparently my name dropping of preceptors I had at Penn during APPEs didn't work either.

I think it would be great to work with OT, even if just for a few months. He's always got a well-thought out answer for just about anything that comes up. I would totally have him as a pharmacy-father.
As someone who considers themselves a very good pharmacy manager, I wish I could have worked with someone like OT for even six months before I got thrown to the wolves - I know there's a lot out there that I don't know, and while we probably would regularly butt heads, I don't think there's anyone here who knows more about how a pharmacy actually runs.

Not my type......

That's right, you want young pharmers who have impressed you online to come 'meet you' in person so they can 'work' for you...

I'm fortunate I'm not your type, yet still a little hurt...

ijzr67v.jpg

In all seriousness: I'll take 5% on top of my asking price.