Help with finding more detailed aspects of schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amateurpupil

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am currently building my school list and planning to apply this upcoming cycle. I have narrowed down my school list from the ~160 USMD programs to ~60, but would like to further cut down my list to ~25.

Some close friends (and fellow soon-to-be applicants) and I are building a detailed spreadsheet that compares various aspects of the schools (and plan to share it when it's done). These school characteristics include preclinical length, grades, atmosphere, COA, exam frequency, NBME/In-house exam focus, etc. (so a healthy mix of MSAR-available and difficult-to-find info). I have recently started using a template of questions relevant to the data that the spreadsheet includes and posting these in a few school-specific threads, but I am fairly new to SDN and am wondering if there's an easier way to reach M3/M4s at these ~60 schools I am currently looking a bit deeper into.

Should I just continue searching school-specific threads and hoping I find messages that say "hey, current M3/M4 . . ." etc?

With that said: if you are an M3/M4/graduate at one of the following schools, please answer as many of the following questions as you are willing to!

Questions:
1. What is your preclinical grading system, and how long does preclinical last?
2. How often did you have exams during your preclinical years?
3. Are these exams based more on lecture/in-house or NBME material?
4. What are the attendance expectations (for lecture, PBL, etc)?
5. What happens if you fail an exam (is it marked on your transcript)?
6. What is your clinical grading system?
7. What % of students earn honors per rotation (if applicable)?
8. Who chooses which order your rotations are in (students, lottery, other)?
9. If you could describe the environment during your rotations in one word, what would it be?
10. How much time do you have for electives?
11. Do you have AOA at your school?

Schools:
Albany
Boston U
Brown
Case Western
Central Michigan
Cincinnati
Colorado
Columbia
Dartmouth
Duke
Eastern Virginia
Einstein
Emory
FAU
Georgetown
GW
Hackensack Medidian
Hofstra
Houston
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Jefferson
Johns Hopkins
Kaiser
Loyola
Mayo
Miami
Michigan
Mt Sinai
Northwestern
NYU LI
Oakland U
Ohio St
Penn State
Pitt
Quinnipac
SUNY Downstate
TCU
Temple
Texas A&M
Toledo
Tufts
UA Phoenix
UChicago
UCSD
UMD
UNC
USC
USUHS
UT Medical Branch
UT Rio Grande
UTSW
UW
VCU
Vermont
VT
Washington St
Western Michigan
Wisconsin
Wright State

Thanks so much in advance for answering! I appreciate you making time for this :)

Members don't see this ad.