Help with personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5RWill

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been a year in the making i guess since i switched to Dental last year around this time. In the last year i've been working on and off on the farm, and for about six months in the local pharmacy as a technician. In that time i've gotten over 100 hours of shadowing, Ortho, OMFS, and General Dentist. As well as volunteering in the food pantry and some recovery relief after the flooding a month ago. Sent it to my good friend who is in med school and he thought it came off as too much about me (didn't want to say self centered). A lot of the personal statement is explaining how i got into healthcare and why i switched from Medicine to Dental. I know that question is coming. It's only around 900 words so far and is a very rough draft. But if anyone would be willing to give it a read or help me out i would appreciate it. Mind the grammatical errors because they're going to be a tremendous amount as far as sentence structure is concerned.

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome what's your email? You can PM me if you'd like rather than posting it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thankyou, guys. I'm going to revise it a little this week and send it to y'all.

Thank you guys, just to update the thread. I ended up scrapping probably half of it and am currently revising it while trying to get all my reqs together. As soon as i get a draft i will PM you all to see what you all think.

Thanks again.

Is there a way to attach it using SDN's PM? Or do i just need to paste the entire thing? I didn't see an attachment icon when i was trying earlier.