Help with Physiology Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ts1991

UKCOM 2018
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question for you guys (or gals), because I can't find this in any of my books or anything online that I can understand.

1.) My professor wanted me to understand that hox genes exhibit what he calls "posterior preference" along with colinearity. I understand colinearity, but I can't seem to figure out what he means by posterior preference?

2.) What in the world is a sonic hedgehog protein?? I've found the wiki article and that helped a little, but in class he focused on SHH somehow being involved with neurulation or neural tube formation?

If anybody could help with either or both, that would be great! Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Thats funny OP because one time during WWII my plane went down and I just had a quick question for you guys (or gals), because I can't find this in any of my books or anything online that I can understand.

1.) My professor wanted me to understand that hox genes exhibit what he calls "posterior preference" along with colinearity. I understand colinearity, but I can't seem to figure out what he means by posterior preference?

2.) What in the world is a sonic hedgehog protein?? I've found the wiki article and that helped a little, but in class he focused on SHH somehow being involved with neurulation or neural tube formation?

If anybody could help with either or both, that would be great! Thanks in advance.

Thats funny OP because one time during WWII my plane went down and I just had a quick question for you guys (or gals), because I can't find this in any of my books or anything online that I can understand.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nicely done. Also, pikachurin?!

By the way OP, SDN isn't for homework help.

Members don't see this ad :)
The is another gene named as pokemon, short for POK erythroid myeloid ontogenic factor

Of course it was changed to Zbtb7 after some protest.

The is another gene named as pokemon, short for POK erythroid myeloid ontogenic factor

Of course it was changed to Zbtb7 after some protest.

The change was, of course, after headlines such as "Pokemon causes cancer!"

Status
Not open for further replies.