Help with rank list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuronerd5

Reaction score
Really struggling with how to rank these programs. So far thinking:

NYU
BIDMC
Columbia
Jefferson
Yale

Any insights on the culture of these programs, quality of training, reputation, etc would be really appreciated. Virtual interviews make it hard to really get a vibe.

Members don't see this ad.

As has been said countless times, everyone will only have experience with one program, and we all did virtual interviews in the past as well. Everything is just hearsay between programs as well. Rank by your feelings and what your gut says

NYU at the top of a ranking where program culture is being seriously considered? This is the same institution that fired faculty and blacklisted residents that advocated for resident wellbeing during the heat of the NYC COVID outbreak. link

Each of those programs otherwise has particular strengths and weaknesses and there isn't a universal best choice, just one that's best for you personally.

Reactions: 1 users
Also dont be afraid to consider location too. It is 4 years of the last of your 20s-30s, a huge part of your life and if location is important for you then consider it.

I was between choosing a more prominent program in a location I didnt have particular interest being, and a lesser program in a metropolitan area where many of my friends/family were. I chose the later, and it was the best decision I ever made.