Help with Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sauce228

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just finished the last year of my undergrad (BSc) and I'm hoping to write the MCAT for the first time this summer. I'm planning on writing my exam on August 25th, 2016. This gives me about ~3.5 months to prep for the MCAT.

I need some help creating my schedule as I'm not quite sure what is a good way to study for the MCAT. I'm going to be studying off of the Examcrackers MCAT complete study package.

*I will be doing ~3 verbal passages per day for ~3.5 months.

*For content review: I will also be doing a 30min exam after each section of a subject I finish, and i'll be doing one practice exam after finishing each subject.

*For content review 1: I will be going over each subject at least 3 times, very thoroughly.

--- Content Review 1 ---

• Psychology and Sociology - till May 20th
  • Biology - till June 14th
  • Chemistry - till June 28th
  • Physics - till July 15th
--- Content Review 2 ---

• Biology - till July 20th
  • Chemistry - till July 25th
  • Physics - till July 30th
  • Psychology and Sociology - till August 5th
--- Practice Exams ---

• Do Practice exams once every day till August 23rd.
  • Take August 24th off.
  • Write MCAT on August 25th.
Would this be a decent schedule?

Members don't see this ad.

I would space out your practice exams to once every other day or every 2 days just so you don't burn out (and so you can review answers and techniques). That may mean condensing some of the content review. Spending at least ~ 1 month on practice exams may be most beneficial.

Hmm yea, once per day might be too much for the practice exams. I guess i'll scale back content review 1 by a couple of days. Thanks so much!

No problem - the whole med school + medicine process is a marathon. No need to kill yourself trying to do it lol.

In my personal opinion, I would finish your content review in 1.5 months and then do practice for the rest of the time. You learn more this way.

Note: I am rewriting for a 3rd time. I scored a 35 on my previous MCAT, but got an 8 in verbal so rewriting this summer. I did very well on the science sections.