MD Help with school list! (3.6 520)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bigquestionperson

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suggest these schools:
Your state public schools
Washington University
Tulane
USF Morsani
Miami
Vanderbilt
Emory
Duke
U Virginia
U Michigan
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Dartmouth
Boston University
Tufts

Reactions: 1 user
I suggest these schools:
Your state public schools
Washington University
Tulane
USF Morsani
Miami
Vanderbilt
Emory
Duke
U Virginia
U Michigan
Case Western
Ohio State
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Jefferson
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Dartmouth
Boston University
Tufts
Thank you :) I appreciate it. What do you think about Keck, U Vermont, George Washington, or Georgetown?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want to make sure you're not double-dipping the same 3000 hours as a CRC as both clinical experience and research since that might raise some eyebrows.

Otherwise, you have a good app! Only thing I would add is some leadership to really solidify yourself

I just want to make sure you're not double-dipping the same 3000 hours as a CRC as both clinical experience and research since that might raise some eyebrows.

Otherwise, you have a good app! Only thing I would add is some leadership to really solidify yourself
Yeah they’re the same hours, I’ll spend more time classifying them when I have to work on apps. For or a clinical research position, how would you characterize those hours? I am down in clinic recruiting patients, and carry out study visits where I perform breathing tests, blood draw, and take history, all for clinical research studies. I have other clinical and research experience so I don’t necessarily need this in one category or the other. Thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Yeah they’re the same hours, I’ll spend more time classifying them when I have to work on apps. For or a clinical research position, how would you characterize those hours? I am down in clinic recruiting patients, and carry out study visits where I perform breathing tests, blood draw, and take history, all for clinical research studies. I have other clinical and research experience so I don’t necessarily need this in one category or the other. Thoughts?

Thanks so much!
I think if you had a hand in the study and can explain the actual research when asked, you can include it as research. If you feel more comfortable talking about it from the patient interaction angle, then it would more clinical. I think those are the two factors you should consider but I am also not an ADCOM so I would defer to those more knowledgable than me on that.

Reactions: 1 users
Freshman: 3.4
Soph: 3.3
Junior: 3.7
Senior: 3.7 (only one semester)
DIY Postbacc semester: 4.0
I suggest the following:
I recommend:

Columbia
Vandy
WashU
NYU
Stanford
Dartmouth
BU
Duke
Pitt
Mayo
Mt Sinai
Keck
UCSF
EVMS
U Miami
Hofstra
Emory
Jefferson
Drexel
Albany
Tufts
NYMC
Rush
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
Tulane
Wake
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Wayne State
Netter
NYU.LI
Add some DO schools on the list, especially if you get no IIs by T-giving.
Any DO program. Include UNECOM if you’re from the NE, OSOCOM if you’re from the Plains states and PacNW if you’re from that region. I can't recommend Nova, Wm Carey, BCOM, ICOM and LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CUHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites. UIW refuses to post their Boards scores, which is fishy.

Reactions: 1 user