Help With School List! 4.00 GPA, good EC, unknown MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Happyhoney

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 4.00 GPA, but I took the MCAT on July 2nd and do not know my scores yet. During the practice I maxed out at 26 with average at 25. I have decent EC: research (just 1 semester, but continuing next year), Summer institute for shadowing doctors, 60 hrs of volunteer, 80 hours at an internship, leadership job.

I am a SC resident so I am going to apply to all three here, but what other schools should I apply to? I've been looking at MSAR, but since I don't know my MCAT its difficult to decide.

Members don't see this ad.

Really best just to wait for MCAT, and then decide. If you're ~25, then you're going to have a lot of difficulties with MD schools, even in SC. DO programs will be your best bet. PCOM-GA and Campbell are next door to you.

Break 30 and aim for low-medium MD programs.

Hi, I have a 4.00 GPA, but I took the MCAT on July 2nd and do not know my scores yet. During the practice I maxed out at 26 with average at 25. I have decent EC: research (just 1 semester, but continuing next year), Summer institute for shadowing doctors, 60 hrs of volunteer, 80 hours at an internship, leadership job.

I am a SC resident so I am going to apply to all three here, but what other schools should I apply to? I've been looking at MSAR, but since I don't know my MCAT its difficult to decide.