Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

this_afreekan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I graduate college in December. I have a D in chemistry 2. I honestly should've retaken it over the summer, but I was taking micro. I shrugged it off, thinking I would just do it after I graduate and replace the D. An advisor just told me that after you graduate that grades cannot be replaced. So i'm feeling crappy. I cannot afford to stay another semester at my university, and I have a free semester left at my local CC, so i had planned to take it there. It is the same concepts and same credit hours, just different professors at different schools. My GPA went from a 3.4 to a 3.0 after a bout of depression last year, but I've brought it up to a 3.14 and this semester I'm doing super well. Im rambling but what should I do, should I just go the nursing route or is there anyway to replace my D? Literally that D is the only thing keeping me from applying to PA school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
One D isn't going to kill you. Relax and take it again where you want to.

Reactions: 1 users
So I graduate college in December. I have a D in chemistry 2. I honestly should've retaken it over the summer, but I was taking micro. I shrugged it off, thinking I would just do it after I graduate and replace the D. An advisor just told me that after you graduate that grades cannot be replaced. So i'm feeling crappy. I cannot afford to stay another semester at my university, and I have a free semester left at my local CC, so i had planned to take it there. It is the same concepts and same credit hours, just different professors at different schools. My GPA went from a 3.4 to a 3.0 after a bout of depression last year, but I've brought it up to a 3.14 and this semester I'm doing super well. Im rambling but what should I do, should I just go the nursing route or is there anyway to replace my D? Literally that D is the only thing keeping me from applying to PA school.

You need to get your GPA as close to a 3.5 as possible. With your gpa I’m assuming you have other C’s at the least?

Have you taken OChem? I assume with the D in chem 1, probably not. Schools in Texas require you to have at least made a C in chem 1&2 to continue onto OChem. Not sure how it works in other states. So yeah, you need to retake chem and if it’s a struggle, you may be better off going to nursing school and then working towards NP, if you want “more”.