Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danielle1988

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just recently i've been having tooth ache,but yesterday i woke up and the right side of my face had swollen slightly,and so had my gums.Then i woke up today and theres a small yellow spot on my gum by the tooth which is causing me pain. I was just wondering if anyone knew what this could be.but i am very scared of dentists and hate going so i avoid it as much as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

go see a Dentist ******

I know your fear is real, but you really need to go see a dentist. This can potentially develop into a very serious situation. It will not go away on its own, but your dentist can get you fixed up quickly and relatively painlessly. Ask your friends and family for the name of a good, gentle dentist. Tell him you are frightened and he will take some extra time with you. We really aren't as bad as you think. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
airvent said:
go see a Dentist ******

Would you like to join the Optimist International?

of course the others are right, see a dentist...

but to answer your questions without seeing you in the clinic it sounds like you have have an infection associated with your tooth, that infection is now in the bone under the tooth and has now developed a fistula (exit) out to your gums. So, that's yellow pus coming out. It may even stop hurting as much pretty soon, but don't let that stop you from going to the dentist. Basically you need a root canal to treat this infection. Of course without seeing you personally, you never know. But if I had to place my bet....

And try not to be scared. We're not so bad. If you're really scared, ask the dentist about the possibilities of Nitrous or prescribing Valium or something similar. They can help a lot.