Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

help!

Discussion in 'Occupational Therapy [ O.T.D ]' started by brookiebaby635, 05.23.12.

1. brookiebaby635

brookiebaby635

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Okay, so I am in a bit of an unusual situation. I was a student in a PA program until about 2 months ago, when I had to withdraw for the semester due to some extenuating family and health circumstances. I withdrew in very good academic standing, but upon returning home, I realized that it would not be in the best interest to go back and start the program over (as was the option I was given). I have given it much thought, and shadowed several different health professionals, and realized that OT is the best fit for me. A little about my background: I graduated with a BS in exercise science in 2010, and did an internship in cardiopulmonary rehabilitation. My undergrad GPA was 3.7, and my grad GPA was around a 3.4. I have a 3.65 in my prereqs, scored around 1200 on the GRE, and would need to complete some volunteer hours shadowing in different OT specialties. I wanted to get some honest opinions of what my odds are for getting into OT programs at this point, as I am afraid I may not have a chance. Any thoughts are much appreciated!
  2. babycheeks

babycheeks

It sounds like a good chance apply and see what happens. Everything looks good and your BS should work out just fine.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal