help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brookiebaby635

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I am in a bit of an unusual situation. I was a student in a PA program until about 2 months ago, when I had to withdraw for the semester due to some extenuating family and health circumstances. I withdrew in very good academic standing, but upon returning home, I realized that it would not be in the best interest to go back and start the program over (as was the option I was given). I have given it much thought, and shadowed several different health professionals, and realized that OT is the best fit for me. A little about my background: I graduated with a BS in exercise science in 2010, and did an internship in cardiopulmonary rehabilitation. My undergrad GPA was 3.7, and my grad GPA was around a 3.4. I have a 3.65 in my prereqs, scored around 1200 on the GRE, and would need to complete some volunteer hours shadowing in different OT specialties. I wanted to get some honest opinions of what my odds are for getting into OT programs at this point, as I am afraid I may not have a chance. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like a good chance apply and see what happens. Everything looks good and your BS should work out just fine.